Best place to mount a GoPro?

Erebus

Reaction score
I have been riding around the Edson/Cadomin area for 6 years now and finally have gotten off my wallet and bought a gopro. I'm curious as to where people have been mounting them to get the best footage. The google machine has been telling me that most people have had the best luck mounting them on the side of their helmets but I am curious as to what you guys have found. Going to start buying a few mounts but I don't want to buy a bunch of crap I won't use or won't want. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

If it matters its a GoPro Hero+ LCD

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use this it goes on the strap of your bag. it gets a little of you bars but all of where your going. as long as your bag has a chest strap it wount giggle or move at all. best place i have used yet and i have tried many of places.

Erebus

Reaction score
Thank you Gentlemen. Both look really good and so I will buy both. Ippielb, thanks for adding the video. That's what I'm looking for is that exact shot. Thanks again!

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GoPro makes a Chesty mount that works pretty good and will clear the bars as long as you're not too short.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I have been riding around the Edson/Cadomin area for 6 years now and finally have gotten off my wallet and bought a gopro. I'm curious as to where people have been mounting them to get the best footage. The google machine has been telling me that most people have had the best luck mounting them on the side of their helmets but I am curious as to what you guys have found. Going to start buying a few mounts but I don't want to buy a bunch of crap I won't use or won't want. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

If it matters its a GoPro Hero+ LCD

Headboard......

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My mounts for my helmet cams are best on top of the helmet. Be sure to put them forward enough to not have the visor taking up 1/3rd of the screen and have the angle proper so the viewers can see where you are going and not pointed down at only the skis.

If you click on the link on the bottom of my post, you will go to my YouTube channel and you can see some of my helmet cam footage. A lot of my video comes from a hand held Canon camera.

Erebus

Reaction score
Headboard......

I wouldn't want anyone to get jealous

Top Bottom