Best overall sledding area in Alberta/ Possibly BC

brandonorban

Reaction score
In a year, after im done school im planing on moving to closer to the rocky mountains/foothills. Im from sask so i really have no idea where the snow is and how long it stays, just need some general info whats your favorite place to ride.

Thanks, Brandon

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crowsnest pass area in Alberta; Fernie, Golden, Revelstoke in BC. (If you're moving to southern Alberta, B.C).

brandonorban

Reaction score
man that sounds sweet, thats like 2 more months then here. i was thinking the rocky mountain house/red deer area, whats your opinion on that

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The further you go nw the better it gets as you are closer to the snow and bigger hills there is limited riding in Calgary unless you drive at least a hour or so... most of us go to golden reve and crowsnest all about 3-4.5 hour mark... an easy day trip or weekend adventure.. you can ALWAYS find someone on here to meet up with at a hill in BC or tag along with ...there is a lot of great people on here so where ever you move to you will find great riders that will show you the areas and a MUST is a AVY course for your safety and others
:)

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stewart here in B.C. is epic riding. We also have good riding in the Houston and smithers areas as well.

brandonorban

Reaction score
The further you go nw the better it gets as you are closer to the snow and bigger hills there is limited riding in Calgary unless you drive at least a hour or so... most of us go to golden reve and crowsnest all about 3-4.5 hour mark... an easy day trip or weekend adventure.. you can ALWAYS find someone on here to meet up with at a hill in BC or tag along with ...there is a lot of great people on here so where ever you move to you will find great riders that will show you the areas and a MUST is a AVY course for your safety and others
:)

I guess another question is, is there any place in the mountains thats restricted to sledders, like the parks?

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parks are a "NOT GUNNA HAPPEN"!!!! even though people do enter the boundries of the Parks.All there going to do is ruin it for the rest of us and thats no good for any of us as there are people out there that would love to shut us down. The areas that are allowed and are open tou us are plenty good enough for anyone. Quartz and Silent pass are a couple of my favorites.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess another question is, is there any place in the mountains thats restricted to sledders, like the parks?

Your allowed in some of the provincial parks here and there. I don't know of any federal parks your allowed to ride in.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of good riding in the crowsnest pass and fernie area we recieve a fair bit of snow around here and is usually mostly sunny days but some of the best riding is by far to the west and to the north trout lake, castlegar, nakusp,golden, revy, radium, valemount, blue river all amazing areas well any place in bc is pretty good

brandonorban

Reaction score
so then none of the area immediatly west of rocky mountain house could be sledded in, well that sucks, well i guess its crowsnest pass or bc

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would not say it can't be sledded in, we just haven't had enough snow in the last few years. we need the snow to cover the rocks and logs on the trails and mtn. areas. lots of good riding areas west of rocky, only the srd has allowed sledding in 4 areas of the eastern slopes and sounds like they are going to limit more areas.

areas west of rocky have the same elevation as riding areas in bc. just not the snow, or as large.

Top Bottom