Best mountain riding gloves

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seeing what people out their have.. what ones give you the best hand movement and warmth?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Any of the top styles from Klim! Personally, I don't think one needs the $200 pair (if one relates warmth with price) for the mountains. I wear and really like the Towogtee but i have friends that wear them and say they are crap. So the ultimately the choice is yours:d:d:d

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to the sled show, ther is a flea market on 50th , just the north side of the yellowhead. They have what look like knock off Klim, they are warm and stay dry MOST of the day. Thick style, for the 20$ they cost you can buy lots and never have an issue. I have worn them outside at -30 standing around and didnt get cold

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the Klim Klimate gloves for the ride up and on really cold days but for 90% of my riding I have 2 pairs of the Inversion gloves and as long as your not digging around in the snow with them when your stuck they stay dry all day.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have cabelas gortex gloves. Only like $45 and only one day they ever got wet enough I had to use the second pair. Very warm and so waterproof, and at a good price. My hands got cold a few times on the trail not using handwarmers, and no windshield/handguard wind protection. Standing up really great though, use them for everything in winter and no damage yet in 2 years.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just picked up the motorfist ones and they feel real good and claim waterproof,,they got leather palms which is a plus i know,,,,we ll see once the pow comes

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True North Adventure, tagear.com
Run your hand underwater and gloves are dry.
$79 and you don't need a second pair of gloves.
They will likely have a dealer at the show

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True North Adventure, tagear.com
Run your hand underwater and gloves are dry.
$79 and you don't need a second pair of gloves.
They will likely have a dealer at the show

Heard really good things about those, except that they are not that warm and on cold days or people who's hands get cold easy they are not good.

I have frozen my hands so many times they are so bad for getting cold, I had to find a glove that was really warm.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Myself and my daughter have used Mechanics gloves from canadian tire or bumper to bumper.

Excellent grip on the bars and dry really quick after a little heat from the bar warmers.

Always have a second pair on hand in the pack.

Where them at minus 30 riding the lakes and trails. Do not ever get cold.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and my daughter have used Mechanics gloves from canadian tire or bumper to bumper.

Excellent grip on the bars and dry really quick after a little heat from the bar warmers.

Always have a second pair on hand in the pack.

Where them at minus 30 riding the lakes and trails. Do not ever get cold.

I ride with spring gloves all season long as well,, they dry with the heat from the bars,,, my hands sweat in the heavy gloves

I have klim, hmk,burton,oakly lol,, I usualy bring 3 pairs of gogs and gloves I like options and always a dry pair incase of a overhighter...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang mechanics gloves? I wear them at -10 working on my truck and my hands freeze. Even at -5 I am wearing my big heavy gloves and hands ain't sweating at all. But I hate using the handlebar warmers.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to the sled show, ther is a flea market on 50th , just the north side of the yellowhead. They have what look like knock off Klim, they are warm and stay dry MOST of the day. Thick style, for the 20$ they cost you can buy lots and never have an issue. I have worn them outside at -30 standing around and didnt get cold

What booth at the flea market? Defiantly interested now!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim all the way. Never get wet hands again. I use fox biking gloves in the spring,

One glove to stay clear of is the castle gloves. they do not breath and stay wet even after them being on the register overnight. They get stinky too.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What booth at the flea market? Defiantly interested now!

As you walk in the door there is a sunglasses stand or somethng , look straight through and you will see him , He has High-Viz vests, jackets, socks and all sorts of gloves , even get welding gloves. I probley have about 6 pairs floating around between sled, truck, quad and the house. I have 300$ gloves that i bought after an accident that leaves my hand with very little blood flow. The 20$ keep my hand warmer longer.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard really good things about those, except that they are not that warm and on cold days or people who's hands get cold easy they are not good.

I have frozen my hands so many times they are so bad for getting cold, I had to find a glove that was really warm.

no problem with staying warm in these gloves. mostly because your hands do not sweat in them. all the moisture goes out of the glove.

mtnluvr

Reaction score
Klim Togwotee, removable liners that dont seem to bunch up, good tall cuff keeps snow out, best for my buck. take out liners on warm days, great all round glove.

Top Bottom