Best Mod for 2009 M8

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the bet mod, bang for the buck for an 2009 162 m8? Would it be a 2.5 inch track or what dont want to sacrifice reliability.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the list is endless on that sled,,,,the 2.5 is good for sure, a full slp, jaws or speedwerx pipe set up and they run great without really sacrificing reliability, gain a ton of hp cause the 09 is a little low and youll lose weight. Another good mod is the bdx air intake, frees up alot of underhood space, drops 8-10lbs and lets the sled breathe better. also a rkt or cutler torsion secondary clutch kit, easy tuning. Dont forget venting,,,,,,endless.......oh ya update the DD bearing to a double wide as well

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2.5 cameo x night and day I did the app stage 2 as well but lost alot of bottom end for whatever reason stick to an upgraded track and you'll go anywhere with no headaches or dissapointment

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the SLP at all. Was a huge difference on my old 09 M8. I didn't use a fuel controller with mine, but I would recommend it. It would have ran cleaner in the low-mid, but it still ran great in the top end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my money on slp junk, I did and I sware it ran better with stock exhaust. Throw a track on a can and do some clutch work and it will be cheaper than slp's full set up with fuel controller.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my money on slp junk, I did and I sware it ran better with stock exhaust. Throw a track on a can and do some clutch work and it will be cheaper than slp's full set up with fuel controller.

X2 lost to much bottom end top

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with M8Welder. Biggest bang for your buck other than putting a turbo on it.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the full SLP pipe kit with there air box vents. Made a huge difference on the top end but did lose some on the bottom end. Not running a tuner, runs fine

Top Bottom