best material for front susp.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering what everyones opinion is for the best/toughest/cheapest way to cover my trailing arms, springs etc. must be fairly cost effective and durable thanks.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
poweder coat is the toughest... except for the springs they flex to much

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
... except for the springs they flex to much

Nope - get your springs powder coated by any good company and it will last. Have 4 sets sitting in the garage and two on the sleds and never had an issue. The PC should flex enough that it will not crack and flake.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the correction i wasn't to sure about that

No worries boots - most people don't realize how flexible PC'ing really is, its actually surprising what it will bend to. Most springs come from the factory PC'd, I always thought about chroming them, not sure if you could do it though, but it would be cool if you could. :)

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the older,late 70's springs were chromed on some units were they not? would probably work for a couple years anyways.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the older,late 70's springs were chromed on some units were they not? would probably work for a couple years anyways.

I wasn't even alive in the 70's so I can't really comment... :D

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
neither was i, well barely was, but i am sure i have seen older sleds with chromed springs, shocks for sure anyways.:d back to orig. topic can anyone recomend a good powdercoater in edmonton area.

Top Bottom