Best Goggles for Flat light conditions

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any advice for the best color of tint on snow goggles for flat light conditions ?I have tried amber and I have used rose colored goggles and some people say the blue tint is best. I think that seeing is believing ( or atleast not crashing into a drift or driving off the creek bank during a snow storm );)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Blue is good for sunny days but not so good in flat weather.I use Blue all the time because you cant beat them on sunny days.I would stick with Yellow for crappy weather days.
catmando!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use blue and I don't think they are any better than rose. I would like to try polarized. If it's warm enough I use polarized sun glasses and it much better than blue!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the 509s with the orange lens and they work really well. I was surprised at how well I could see in flat light. I got the blue lens too so next time I'm out I'll give those a try. Hopefully Sunday and Monday :)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought the 509s with the orange lens and they work really well. I was surprised at how well I could see in flat light. I got the blue lens too so next time I'm out I'll give those a try. Hopefully Sunday and Monday :)

So tell us overall what you think of those googles,was thinking about a pair myself!
catmando!

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are great goggles. Used them first last week up at Sicamous - lots of snow - lots of stucks. Never fogged up once.

I did notice they were a little cold flatland riding - but I never noticed it in the mtns. Best thing is that the lenses are cheap compared to others (ie spy or oakley) I ended up buying all the lens colors and an extra pair of googles. The orange works well in low light. I didn't try the yellow poalrized yet.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
They are great goggles. Used them first last week up at Sicamous - lots of snow - lots of stucks. Never fogged up once.

I did notice they were a little cold flatland riding - but I never noticed it in the mtns. Best thing is that the lenses are cheap compared to others (ie spy or oakley) I ended up buying all the lens colors and an extra pair of googles. The orange works well in low light. I didn't try the yellow poalrized yet.

HEY BAREFOOTER.... WHERE DID YOU BUY THE 509'S??? I'VE BIN LOOKIN' AROUND TOO.......

Buster

Reaction score
PRO GRIP 3400 LIGHT SENSITIVE GOGGLES, Argyll Motorsports sell them. Clear to dark in 4sec. Something worth checking out.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been using Spy goggles for years now & have tried almost all the lenses & have found the blue ones the best in low light. they are decent in the sun as well. they are very good for not fogging much also.

my .02

RN

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think my Oakley's have Persimon lenses, they are great on overcast days and pretty decent in the sun. Found out last night that they suck in the dark though. Thinking of picking up a second pair and putting clear lenses in them.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So tell us overall what you think of those googles,was thinking about a pair myself!
catmando!

I really like these goggles. They might fog for a second when I'm stopped but they have never stayed fogged up. I usually wear a pair of goggles for the trail ride and then switch to another pair cause the first ones are fogged up and iced up bad. I can wear these ones the whole day without a problem.

I bought mine on ebay from 509

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
I checked out eBay - the 509's sell for $50.00 plus $12.99 shipping. Good price. The 509 website sells them for $75.00 but didn't say how much shipping was to Canada (won't tell you how much shipping is until you get to the checkout). Probably about the same amount or more. Depends on which shipping service they use. US Postal Service is cheapest rate to Canada with no brokerage fees.

Judy (an eBay fanatic)
Mountain Haven B & B
McBride, B.C.
(250) 569-0226

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been running both the Scott Hi Voltage and more recently the Scott 89Xi Turbo. Volatage has the AMP Blue lens which is great on most days, especially sunny. Turbos have the AMP rose which is great for low light. Both offer good foam and coverage. Turbos have a nose shield as well, called the "Polar Shield".

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked out eBay - the 509's sell for $50.00 plus $12.99 shipping. Good price. The 509 website sells them for $75.00 but didn't say how much shipping was to Canada (won't tell you how much shipping is until you get to the checkout). Probably about the same amount or more. Depends on which shipping service they use. US Postal Service is cheapest rate to Canada with no brokerage fees.

Judy (an eBay fanatic)
Mountain Haven B & B
McBride, B.C.
(250) 569-0226

Judy: If you put in the offer code "snowest" you get a $25 discount. I think my last shipping was $6

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Judy (an eBay fanatic)
Mountain Haven B & B
McBride, B.C.
(250) 569-0226

I paid $12 US for USPS shipping to Calgary. Nice goggles for $62US

freerider5

Reaction score
I bought a light greyish tint for my oakleys. i was looking at the yellow gold or what ever oakley calls them but they were like 50 bucks. So theres probley better tints but the grey works better than clear.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have orange tint from Oakley, seem to work ok, never had to much problem with fogging but need clear lenses for night time.

Top Bottom