Best Goggle Lens on a Grey/Snowing Day?

Cyrus747

Reaction score
My goggles work great when the sun is out but once it turns grey and darkens up it turns everything one dimensional...got bucked off on the weekend because I couldn't see the shadows of the dips etc. Any advice?

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea, I run the oakley orange on not so sunny days, but last ride I couldnt see anything! I'll have to see what else they carry.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rose is the best colour. I will be picking up some Oakley rose prizm before next season.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have found each persons' eyes are different and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. When the light is really flat, it pays to be careful unless in a familiar area. This area was not familiar to me and yes, that is a 174 with it's nose in a creek. No damage other than pride, as I was going slow enough. Over the bars and a few laughs.......photo opportunity!

IMG_3967.jpg

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rose colored, Oakly Prizm.

Awsome. The mirrored ones are a little to much shade for my liking on a really grey day, the non mirrored are the best I've tried, hands down. No comparison to Klim or 509 in anyway. Fit, fog resistance, and ease to change lenses.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^ My experience as ẃell. They are pricing but very high quality. I used mine all season and they still look new, tons of km with them. Rose prizm no tint, they work good on sunny days too, 100% uv filtration.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Rose. 100%.

I tried 9 different lens colors... I can am 110% sure the Oakley Persimmon lens works the best. Which is very close to the same as the rose.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rose prizm is by far the best I've found run them in my airbrakes and its turned out to be a KILLER combo

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim radius with the bronze non mirror works well, gotta try and find rose lenses for the klims!

Cyrus747

Reaction score
is there a specific model number for oakleys? wanna make sure they fit with the helmet.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there a specific model number for oakleys? wanna make sure they fit with the helmet.
The OaKLeY.. MoDeL.. CANOPY... CaNoPY fits Great in open face helmets... make sure u bring them(Goggles all BRANDS) in at night to DRY out... Please do not leave in your vehicles...hope this help!!!

c_nelson99

Reaction score
Best I've found is the non mirrored bronze polarized 509's, I also use a cheap pair of clear to light blue transition lense pro-grips that are like $50with awesome results. The rose lense and amber don't work for me at all.

Top Bottom