Best fuel for 2008 ski doo XP 800's

1nv8r17

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a proven fuel for the ski doo XP 800 and why. Just curious, there are so many different types of fuel out there.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
91 octane... not sure what brand, but don't run Husky... ethanol=not good for engine, less power, worst mileage

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any non ethanol polluted premium gas will do. Ethanol has less energy per unit of volume than normal gas.....

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just the fact that you are asking, suggests that you are thinking that maybe some race fuel is gonna make your sled perform better. Not so much! If you do not have the compression to require you to use higher than premium octane fuel, then at best, you will be simply wasting money, at worst, your performance will actually suffer from the cooler burning fuel, that may end up puking out of your exhaust in the form of black smoke from incomplete combustion. Sorry if I misread the question.

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very high octane fuel could very well make proformance suffer of worse make the engine go boom. Pump in whatever the manual says it meant for, cant go wrong with pump gas, or 91 though.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well i dont under stand why you guys say not to run etahnol feuls, if the fuel has 10% or less ethanol it is safte to run in sleds, i have talked to many differnt shops about it, and i have been running husky gas in all my toys, and hasnt hurt any of them yet, and when i ran the gas at the esso i didnt know a differnce accept in price and the husky gas is 94 octane and esso is 91 octane

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also getting 32 miles per gallon an a sled is not gonna happen. Thats like 300 miles on a tank of fuel, sorry guys as much as i hate to say it, not likely.

Dzl

Reaction score
Maybe if you're running trails at 60km, but in fresh snow with the guys I ride with my 800R gets 80-110km in lake country style riding, 120-140km with riders who have 'more time' :d

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just was reading the manual and it said not to run any lower than 91 the place i bought my new 09 sold me a bottle of octane booster 29 bucks good to treat 800 liters where we go sometimes only has 89 not to sure about additives

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
from what i understand (and its not alot) is that ethanol will wash the cylinder walls and bearings of the premix oil and will cause premature wear.
my rule of thumb for fuel is go where u see the most sleds being filled, that way you know that it is fresh gas and not old stale shite.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing good about high ethanol fuel (Husky). I have ran it in my truck and it resulted in ALOT less mileage. Ethanol is not recommended in sleds and can burn your sled down. I'm not willing to risk burning my sled down due to bad fuel.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just was reading the manual and it said not to run any lower than 91 the place i bought my new 09 sold me a bottle of octane booster 29 bucks good to treat 800 liters where we go sometimes only has 89 not to sure about additives

Stay away from Octane Booster. You're wasting your money. When it says it gives you an octane point, it's actually giving you say 91.1 instead of 91. If you want octane booster, get some race fuel and mix away. If Modman sees this, he'll give you a little more technical data! :)

Top Bottom