Best excuses to skip work and go sledding??

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ingrown toenail...That's an excuse some guys have been giving me lately
Oh my guys have all had grandparents die 7x over, or court on the weekend(must be pretty big deals), lately straight up pussy excuses like I'm worn out from 2weeks of 12hr days, it's getting old for sure

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my guys have all had grandparents die 7x over, or court on the weekend(must be pretty big deals), lately straight up pussy excuses like I'm worn out from 2weeks of 12hr days, it's getting old for sure
Oh they're getting more creative all the time. It's surprising how stupid they think you really are. I usually don't question it too much because we get more done without them around. They get the "real good" jobs when they get back. Keep it going until they quit

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fav is "had a sled break down and we got to take parts back in and the part store ain't open on Sunday". But now I am the Forman so my excuse is I am sledding an extra day.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
OR...... you could just work when your supposed to work and play on days off........

Just a thought...

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
'' i'm ok... but my sled got buried in avalanche...will probably dig for next week to find it!!!:p hope my boss is not reading all my excuse right now :p

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
I get 6 paid sick days a year before i need to bring in a doctors note. I burn my sick days up on Mondays when it's been snowing all weekend to ride another day.
When I call in to work on Sunday night from the hotel the boss already knows that we found sweet powder. So all I tell them is "I'm sledding tomorrow and want to use a sick day" lol

he always says "have fun and don't smash your sled". Lol

sledding always seems that much better when your getting paid to do it.

Sometime I pull a dick move and text vids and pics of us riding to the rest of the crew at home just to rub it in a little if I have cell service. Lol

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get 6 paid sick days a year before i need to bring in a doctors note. I burn my sick days up on Mondays when it's been snowing all weekend to ride another day.
When I call in to work on Sunday night from the hotel the boss already knows that we found sweet powder. So all I tell them is "I'm sledding tomorrow and want to use a sick day" lol

he always says "have fun and don't smash your sled". Lol

You my friend are an azzhole!

I like you! lol

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OR...... you could just work when your supposed to work and play on days off........

Just a thought...
Oh I don't take time off work to sled just wanted to hear excuses used, I own a small pipeline contracting company, although I'd love to bail and go sledding my greed gets the best of me, I put a few miles on from November to April but being my busy season I tend to do the majority of my riding from April to June, spring snow, long days, pretty fun but the draw of early season powder really makes a guy wanna bail one day a week or two to get a ride in;)

Top Bottom