Best Etec Can

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
I know this has been talked about. But now that we all have some miles on the new sleds, what can have you guys had luck with on the new etec?
I can't stand the stock can anymore... I NEED SOME SOUND!!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey put the mbrp can on mine so far 350 km's since can installed 1275 km's in total on sled no codes no issues absolutely love the thing sounds real nice when you start getting on the pipe I quite enjoy it way better than that souped up sewing machine sound

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey put the mbrp can on mine so far 350 km's since can installed 1275 km's in total on sled no codes no issues absolutely love the thing sounds real nice when you start getting on the pipe I quite enjoy it way better than that souped up sewing machine sound

Agreed. Love the MBRP sound. Would like to see how it sounds with a Y pipe and Pipe.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard about that one. Where about are you?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
Wyoming. I've been checking in with the dealers around here and all I've seen for cans is J&T Performance and I think HPS, or HSP? Chit, I don't know. No MBRP's though.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see if u can find a mbrp one they work awesome! and sound great! I would like to hear it with a y-pipe and main pipe as well

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Testing out in Frisbee and area for 4 days we had a couple of etecs to where we traded from stock muffler to mbrp and turbo al's thing.
Seemed to all run well switching back and forth. I only can say a "feeling" to where the stock muffler seemed to have the engine run seamlessly no matter where or what we run in.

mbrp has a funny engine feel to it at certain rpms when part throttle.
turbo al's can had a "burp" feel to it at certain part throttle.
back to muffler and seamless smooth all the way around.
...Really both anomalies are nothing, just pin the fkin gas!!!! :)

We set up the pinweight with stock muffler and ran it.
Then switched out mufflers and tried to do same full throttle pulls.
Hard to tell if the mufflers caused rpms to drift low 100 in a long pull but for the most part still pretty good. 100 rpm loss in steady full throttle don't hurt my feelings at all.

I can't take noise anymore so if turbo al had a quiet can it would be better for me.
The mbrp can i was completely surprised at how quiet it was.

For me i would get a muffler just so i could have the room to store tools and keep the spare goggles hot to change out repeatable.
As far as weight savings, I kinda get a chuckle out of the rage that people get over this "weight savings issue". Im laying there panting like a dog complaining about how big my gut is, wishing i was 20 lbs lighter; after we got the sled unstuck and I look in the skidframe and all i see is track, solid block of wet heavy snow. Where is the suspension? How much lbs of snow is in there? 100? 150 lbs of wet heavy? Well heavy enough I can't lift the back end of the sled and have to clicker up one to get back to 8000 its like having your buddy ride on the back there is so much friggin weight in there.

Other than that, I give two thumbs up to mbrp and turbo al's cans.

And DaveB knows exactly where we were because Jumping Jack took me up the same hill on "a 3 hour tour". And wasn't that fun Dave? hahahaha

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Testing out in Frisbee and area for 4 days we had a couple of etecs to where we traded from stock muffler to mbrp and turbo al's thing.
Seemed to all run well switching back and forth. I only can say a "feeling" to where the stock muffler seemed to have the engine run seamlessly no matter where or what we run in.

mbrp has a funny engine feel to it at certain rpms when part throttle.
turbo al's can had a "burp" feel to it at certain part throttle.
back to muffler and seamless smooth all the way around.
...Really both anomalies are nothing, just pin the fkin gas!!!! :)

We set up the pinweight with stock muffler and ran it.
Then switched out mufflers and tried to do same full throttle pulls.
Hard to tell if the mufflers caused rpms to drift low 100 in a long pull but for the most part still pretty good. 100 rpm loss in steady full throttle don't hurt my feelings at all.

I can't take noise anymore so if turbo al had a quiet can it would be better for me.
The mbrp can i was completely surprised at how quiet it was.

For me i would get a muffler just so i could have the room to store tools and keep the spare goggles hot to change out repeatable.

Other than that, I give two thumbs up to mbrp and turbo al's cans.

How's the clutch kit coming along for these sleds?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi joe, i hope to get the 3 inch on the etec this next week, i had heard a few guys with the 3inch on the etec, saying that track speed is very slow, and you can almost hear it pull down as climbing, etecs need more power with the current power and 3 inch... so your ramps should take care of this issue??

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi joe, i hope to get the 3 inch on the etec this next week, i had heard a few guys with the 3inch on the etec, saying that track speed is very slow, and you can almost hear it pull down as climbing, etecs need more power with the current power and 3 inch... so your ramps should take care of this issue??
Joe edits reply "guilty of thread hijacking"
sorry :)

Last edited:

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
I tried the J&T Performance can today on the etec... It's hands down the loudest can that I have ever heard. Great throttle response. No codes. Worked great and like I said. Loudest f'ing can ever.

b29

Reaction score
I have the Specialty Sleds can on mine and have 300km on it now. No problems at all. Pulled the same RPM as it did with stock muffler so I don't think it lost any power. It is quiet at idle and part throttle and barks at full throttle. Best thing is it only weighs 3.6 lb.

Top Bottom