Best Color for Flat Light Riding

dwight3566

Reaction score
Orange is by far the best low light lens, i wear them all year round in any light. There getting harder to find. Rose is a close second.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input. I guess I’ll need a set that the lenses are interchangeable. On another note, it seems my like function is not working for some reason?

just get 2 pairs of goggles with your best colours, quick straps and switch them out quickly. Everybody’s eyes are different you have to see what works for you in those conditions. Yellow rose or blue will likely be the best options.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told blue eyes see better in flat light. Brown eyes are better in the sun. Anyone who’s rode with me knows that in-flat light I still giver **** because I can see fairly well Myself I have blue eyes and I find riding in pure blue bird in the trees if the sun is flashing it really ****s up my sight. So I almost prefer a grey cloudy day so the lighting is consistent and always the same. My point is maybe eye colour determines Lense preference as to who can see better on what day. ��‍♂️

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I had a bit of an incident this weekend. I hit a drift as I was just getting on the throttle to head up the mountain and went over the bars into my windshield and basically tore my nose off because I had my visor open so I could see somewhat better, but still very poor visibility. I’m ready to make the switch to a new helmet with goggles. I want the best goggles for flat light conditions?

Without a doubt Oakley Prizm and Hi-Pink lenses for really really bad flat light. Once you use these you won’t wear anything else. The rose are significantly darker. The website shows you what percentage of light the different lenses allow through. On a sunny day the hi-pink are very bright tho.

Snow already has a cool (blueish) tone, think photography. Anything with a blue tint will exaggerate that and make it harder to see definition.

https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/product/W0OO7070S?variant=888392175441

But get the MX frames and snow lenses. I made a post regarding this not long ago.
Oakley MX goggles (Front Line)... for winter?

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt Oakley Prizm and Hi-Pink lenses for really really bad flat light. Once you use these you won’t wear anything else. The rose are significantly darker. The website shows you what percentage of light the different lenses allow through. On a sunny day the hi-pink are very bright tho.

Snow already has a cool (blueish) tone, think photography. Anything with a blue tint will exaggerate that and make it harder to see definition.

https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/product/W0OO7070S?variant=888392175441

But get the MX frames and snow lenses. I made a post regarding this not long ago.
Oakley MX goggles (Front Line)... for winter?
Yes I find blue does nothing for me on flat days but are great on sunny days.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You lost all credibility as soon as you said 509 goggles. Just kidding, glad they are working well for you.

Only fog09... I mean 509 goggles that have worked for me are the heated Ignites. Best goggle I've ever had. Prior to this I was very happy with Oakley Airbrakes with a pink Prizm lens. Now if I can somehow get the Prizm lens into my Ignites.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run yellow lenses in all of my goggles, covers must conditions for me anyways.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rose is the worst for me in flat light conditions. I like gray or blue all the way. but still do have 1 set of yellows. they work great too.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been using a set of Dragon Rose/mirrored (very lightly mirrored) lenses for a number of years.. they're damn good for right up until its sun glaring blue sky days, then the darks come out.

brendan.9

Reaction score
I've had the oakley prizim first got them in my sunglasses and loved them than got a set of goggles didn't fall in love with them as much as i thought. I know have ignite with yellow polarized which i think is great seems like the polarized gives some definition to the snow. I thought in bright conditions my prizim would be best throw on my ray ban polarized and they are way better... not sure what to make of that but I prefer polarized I now carry yellow and black polarized in the sled like stated before buy and try worse comes to worse you gotta sell them and maybe lose 50$ on a set of goggles but at least you know you got what you like and prefer. Good luck on your search.

Top Bottom