Best Can for E-TEC...Good and Bad of Different Brands

Nagzs

Reaction score
Last year had a HPS Can, i thought it worked well and didn't notice any power change from stock. That being said a buddy tried my sled and said he didn't think the can had as much power as stock.

What is everyone putting on there new 2015's

Thanks for the help!

Nagzs

Reaction score
Also, looked at the HPS website and says the can for the T3 is still not available. Does anyone know the difference between the cans for the T3 vs XM 2015?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year had a HPS Can, i thought it worked well and didn't notice any power change from stock. That being said a buddy tried my sled and said he didn't think the can had as much power as stock.

What is everyone putting on there new 2015's

Thanks for the help!

I always heard that the stock can had the most power. But from day one I always ran my GGB mountain. So one weekend I went to whitecourt and switched between stock and the GGB. With the stock can clicker 3 was pulling 7600-7800rpm, GGB can clicker 3 the sled would hit the rev limiter. And that was the same day same cut line untouched snow with about 300 meter run starting from a dead stop. So I think after market in my case makes more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A riding buddy and myself both ran the specialty can from day one on a 13 and 14 xmx with no issues. Nice sound, ceramic coated, lightweight, decent price, locally built!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most cans will not give you a noticeable "HP" increase, Neils is one of the few I've heard of making one on the ETEC, carbonsled and Sledshed are the other two where physical clutching had to be made. Etec cans are really hard to make big power with, the stocker just isn't that restrictive, and also due to the fueling and sensors. Most cans are offering less than a 5 HP increase, the biggest gain you get from any can is the drop in weight and therefore corresponding power to weight ratio increase.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they must tune them for WOT, had a few different brands on my p-tek that were fine but after putting the stocker back on where you really notice is partial throttle riding. with the suitcase the throttle response is so much "crispier" all across the board, it just seems to run better. your results may vary

Nagzs

Reaction score
I'm don't care about an increase in horsepower, it would be a plus, but really just want the sled to run as well as the stock can.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the specialty can neither of us on a 13 or 14 have had a single code pop up.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP on mine. Nice and quiet, baffled so no packing to blow out after a season, no codes or bogs, ceramic coated, priced better than many others. Love it so far.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guy in my group runs the bmp full velocity on his 2013 xm, has just a little different sound different than stock but not loud like the powder lite, or hps ect.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jaws race and trail no issues. Carbon fibre worked well also. SLP seems ok from what I saw last season. Have heard good about HPS and MBRP as well. I personally favour Jaws.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We have run TheThng cooker can on our eTecs; 2012, 3-2013's, and 2014. No codes and no ill-effects. Not all people have had the same results and that I don't understand, other than elevation and throttle position. Lighter than the suitcase and some great hot snacks.

I will be putting one on the MacT3 174. The first trip to 7200' and lemon garlic shrimp for an "appy" and a main course of sliced BBQ'd strip loin in a basket of fresh veggies..........MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh ya', the WOT sounds sweet@

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've put 5000km on my SLP between a '13 and '14 XM and have had zero issues. Just bolted it on to my '15, the ceramic coating is still as good as new.

jonsnow

Reaction score
with the "thing" did you need to add weight on the clutches?
We have run TheThng cooker can on our eTecs; 2012, 3-2013's, and 2014. No codes and no ill-effects. Not all people have had the same results and that I don't understand, other than elevation and throttle position. Lighter than the suitcase and some great hot snacks.

I will be putting one on the MacT3 174. The first trip to 7200' and lemon garlic shrimp for an "appy" and a main course of sliced BBQ'd strip loin in a basket of fresh veggies..........MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh ya', the WOT sounds sweet@

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My HPS showed up today. Kinda made me chuckle when I realized they used fencing staples for the spring loops, its a nice can though. I just hope it won't get louder over time since it uses packing instead of baffles

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Anyone have a pic of the t3 muffler that was put into production yet? I know some t3's have been delivered, but i heard they are different than the mufflers we had on the preview ride of the t3's

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My HPS showed up today. Kinda made me chuckle when I realized they used fencing staples for the spring loops, its a nice can though. I just hope it won't get louder over time since it uses packing instead of baffles

lol TSS cans have fencing staples to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the t3 muffler that was put into production yet? I know some t3's have been delivered, but i heard they are different than the mufflers we had on the preview ride of the t3's

I shouldn't assume but since they had to put the suitcase back on, I would think that it would be the same fit as the 12's, 13's, and 14's. Maybe not tho'.........I have been wrong a time or two.:d

Top Bottom