best big bore out there for m7

m7man

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing a 800 big bore for my 05 m7 and was wondering which kit people have had the best luck with as far a reliability? Any help would be great

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres a few out there.....I was thinkin about one but i plan on keeping mine a dialed 700 for now......If you plan to have the sled for a while go for it but in my case i want upgrade to a new m8 next year so im not sinkin a big bore into mine.

That being said here are some links

Theres some more but if i were to go with a BB those would be my choices (RKTEK 1st off tho)

m7man

Reaction score
I was thinking the rkt one aswell just from what I read about them but I would also like the timbersled rear skid. How do you like yours

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the rkt one aswell just from what I read about them but I would also like the timbersled rear skid. How do you like yours

LOVE IT!!!! best money i spent......If i were you i would put the money into updating the rear skid (05/06 skids SUCKED!!!). If you focus on lighting up the sled and inproving the ride you will be more happy with it then a BB right off the line. When dialed in the m7 has more then enough reliable power to keep up to any 800 (at least ive never had a problem).

You can have all the power in the world but if all you do is trench (and you will with the stock A-20 track and susp) then its still kind of pointless isint it?

m7man

Reaction score
Yeah definatly make it lighter to utilize more of that power and I threw on a challenger. So if I threw on a timbersled rear skid and a arms too any idea what the weight loss would be?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rear skid saves you 20lbs/about 1600.00
Front end kit 10 lbs/about 1500.00

so thats 30 lbs

then you look at a air box saves about 8 lbs
then a mbrp can saves about 10 lbs and go with some other goodies like a seat and a lighter track etc etc.... and you drop close to 50 lbs ....but its a lot of coin.

start with a can and a air box and go from there.

m7man

Reaction score
I have a mbrp can already and a slp high flow intake for a m8. Is there any dealers in the area that I would be able to get a skid from

soh

Reaction score
i run the speedwerx 800 big bore kit on my 06 crossfire. ran strong all last year with no problems. also run their clutch kit , pipe , air intake . it will run even with the 800 HO.

m7man

Reaction score
While I am on here. What kind are the benefits of porting my challenger track

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had a d&d 900 I'm my m7. Ran it 3500 miles on origonal pistons. Sled worked really well and lots of power.2 of My friends had the cutler 1000 on there's m7,s and that motor rips. Cutler is the best built and planned out motors for cats in my opinion

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

do you really want to open that can of worms?? some swear by it and some dont,i believe you have better floatation non ported but thats my opinion

m7man

Reaction score
Makes sense, only reason I was asking is if there was substantial weight loss from it.

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
My unionbay 800 I put on my 2005 M7 was not ported correctly, and snagged the rings.
Once i took it aprt, and cleaned up the ports and then of course new pistons and rings, it was good.
So while no issues since, cannot say I am thrilled they never chamfered the ports correctly from the start.

Top Bottom