best bang for buck?

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
exactely, what are you looking to do? what are you looking for in power? what type of riding is primarily done? anyway for me it is the 2008 efi brute force for power and price on the 4*4's. for sport quads i looked for something different and for me it is the 2008 honda trx 700xx. what i would suggest is thinking about what you want to do, then go to all the different dealers and try them. then pick the one that you like the most. otherwise this will just turn into my yammi is better, my can am is better yadda yadda yadda.

wellluck

Reaction score
I have to agree, the 650 and 750 brutes are the "best bang for the buck." Arctic Cat has some good deals out there, but I have to admit I'm not a quad cat fan. Love their sleds though.

mudlover

Reaction score
Website
www.quads.ca
When I was shopping around for a new quad, I took my time as I was to spend a lot of money. I did a lot of research (which took months) and found that for the money, the Brute was(for me) a the best deal.
It wasn't because of local dealer pricing, more of manufacturer prices.
My local Kawi dealer also sells Yami's too. At the time the Grizzly 450 was $200.00 cheaper than my 650i for the same year.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know a whole lot bout the utility's but hondas the most reliable carb'd quad out there and usually the cheapest. canams ds is the best weight to power ratio on the market and between the raptor xx and outlaw big bores the outlaw comes out on top cause its great on trails. track, dunes. raptor is best on the track, xx is best for trails and outlaw is best for dunes. stock of course.

wellluck

Reaction score
I personally don't ride a brute force but do ride with someone who does. When you look at how his bike performs and what he paid for it in comparison to what some of the other guys paid for their bikes, well, the best "bang for the buck."

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know a whole lot bout the utility's but hondas the most reliable carb'd quad out there and usually the cheapest.

I would say that honda's are the most expensive. You can buy a 750 king quad or brute force 750 for the same price as a honda 500. I just seen a Rincon 680 advertised for $11,500. Reliable yes, all the siesmic companies i work with use 450 or 500 hondas and they take a hell of a beating.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know a whole lot bout the utility's but hondas the most reliable carb'd quad out there and usually the cheapest.

I would say that honda's are the most expensive. You can buy a 750 king quad or brute force 750 for the same price as a honda 500. I just seen a Rincon 680 advertised for $11,500. Reliable yes, all the siesmic companies i work with use 450 or 500 hondas and they take a hell of a beating.

i guess THAT way they are but i dont look at utility's and say id like that. im a sport guy. hondas trx 450 is at least 3 grand cheaper than the ds.and 500 dollarish then the next cheapest. and they are still the most reliable unless you get the electric shift.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just dont get yammis extended warrenty..if you try to claim anything they always seem to have a way out.the wifes diff went and they wont cover it because at one time it was under the water...just the diff not the whole quad.just read your warrenty carefully under whats not covered.brp seems to have the best dont know about anybody elses.:realmad:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat's 650 H1. The prices on the market right now are very good. The engine and drive train are bullet proof. I've had my cat for 6 years now and it has been rock solid. Very reliable and takes a good beating. It's a 500i but shares the same chassis and trans as the newer 650 H1. My opinion anyway. My next quad will be a 650 H1 or a 700 H1.

Attachments

• 2008_0130QuadPlow0003.jpg
    2008_0130QuadPlow0003.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom