Best area to take your family? Where would you would take yours?

Mustangrh68

Reaction score
Hi Folks. I don't know this area very well and was wondering where the best place to take the family sledding. I have ridden for a lot of years and like to go to Forster Creek but that is not really family riding as there is very little easy-moderate terrain. My boys are 7 and 10 and love to sled they have their own for running around in Southern AB here. But would like to take them somewhere there is more snow and fun. But also want to be safe for them and the wife. Figured I would do some investigation early this year so we could do some planning for the winter. Thanks in advance. Rob.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paradise mines right by invermere.... Good trail up but small, more for guides and newbies....

I'd say that quartz creek, or revy main areas or sicamous main areas, or fernie main areas would be good, all have cabins, not a long crappy like forester can be

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blueberry... Susan lake... Mount 7... For trail riding in golden. Wouldn't even bother with quartz, tons of yahoos out there these days.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blueberry... Susan lake... Mount 7... For trail riding in golden. Wouldn't even bother with quartz, tons of yahoos out there these days.
I added quartz to the list as it's a good easy trail....

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks. I don't know this area very well and was wondering where the best place to take the family sledding. I have ridden for a lot of years and like to go to Forster Creek but that is not really family riding as there is very little easy-moderate terrain. My boys are 7 and 10 and love to sled they have their own for running around in Southern AB here. But would like to take them somewhere there is more snow and fun. But also want to be safe for them and the wife. Figured I would do some investigation early this year so we could do some planning for the winter. Thanks in advance. Rob.

Coal Creek at Fernie is great, nice trail up, and easy riding around the cabin. The cabin is awesome to stop, and warm up!

Mustangrh68

Reaction score
Thanks folks. It is hard to find any area that is comfortable for the family if you have never been there and then you have to do a bunch of pre scouting and they don't like being left home!! Always good to have people that know the areas help out! Really appreciate it. We have a family plan to run out to Revy and have Jeremy Hanke show us around out there for a day or so!

Reaction score
blaeberry is good. its a big long valley. nice trail. good places to stop and have a fire ect. usually some good snow if you look around and you can always find a logging road to rip up. some alpine way way way at the end.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see from your post you are from Cossfield. There is great riding west of Sundre in the Bearberry and Burntstick Lake area. The Olds and Caroline clubs maintain trails in the area. Most years the snow pack is reasonable but last year it was fantastic. The area is close enough for you to go for an all day or afternoon ride and still be home at a reasonable time in the evening. Both of my boys cut there sledding teeth in this area

M1200turbo

Reaction score
Id go to quartz very easy trail nice heated cabin a bbq easy trail up into the alpine nice open low risk bowls for the kids to cruise around they other places the guys said are good but most places dont have a cabin to warm up in

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coal Creek in Fernie is a great spot . Nice groomed trail and 2 cabins on the way in with some wide open areas for the young ones to spread there wings . Also Atlas for the family is decent if they have good snow .

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Coal Creek in Fernie is a great spot . Nice groomed trail and 2 cabins on the way in with some wide open areas for the young ones to spread there wings . Also Atlas for the family is decent if they have good snow .

Yes and the pipeline from wranglers to the notch is a good wide open stretch with some hills pretty much anyone can climb but will give your kids a good rush.

Mustangrh68

Reaction score
I was up at Burntstick Lake last year for some Ice fishing and took up a couple of sleds and the boys drove them all over the lake that day. There was so much snow that I was having trouble driving the truck around with the sleds on the deck. But was fun. I have a 3 day trip to Revy planned for the second week in December with Soul Rides and Jeremy Hanke as well. He is going to give the whole family an AST1 course and ride with us for 3 days. Really looking to go out and have some fun with them!

Top Bottom