Best allround mountain sled from Ski Doo.

parthunter

Reaction score
Which ski doo sled will be the best choice for mountain riding in different snow conditions like , early winter low snow, powder days , some trail riding to get to the mountains ,trees, wet spring snow? I ride a 2013 154 Summit X and will look for replacement for the next season . I was thinking of buying a 163 T3 but not sure if this will work on all snow conditions. Should I stick to 154 X or wait for for a 154 T3? Some will say 146 is enough. I was leaning to 163 T3 but learned about those sliders problems , now not sure any more. I,m 5'9 160 .

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say the sled u have is probably a good setup for all snow conditions there are so few days that a t3 174 is needed! but it would be cool to have! lol!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you honestly NEEDED the T3, or has it just made you that much better, and pull better lines? I think you'd have just as much fun on the sled you recommended.

Yup sure that's what I had last year and had a blast. T3 just takes it to a new level in the fresh snow. But when your riding mountains only your guaranteed fresh snow every ride if you look which is why i say the t3 gets used every ride until maybe June LOL.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^
What a load of crap.🍺🍺
163 x 2.5 set up is a much better choice IMO .
3 inch is nice when it's deep but really how many real days do most see?
Once or twice a year if your lucky.

"But when your riding mountains only your guaranteed fresh snow every ride if you look which is why i say the t3 gets used every ride until maybe June LOL."

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess you need to find some new terrain LOL. I agree the 2.5 is all around way better for most I suppose but for a lot of people they are riding really good snow all season until late spring. If you do any riding at all that's not mountain again the 2.5 is the way to go

colton.olstad800r

Reaction score
Go with the 163 t3 it way better it's point and shoot takes you everywhere you want. If you are worried about the sliders which I was I just put a front wheel kit on and have 800km and no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidoo174

Reaction score
I have a t3 174, so far it works in all conditions perfectly, I think it just depends on the rider, I have 300 miles on it and absolutely no slider wear....

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
Is there any of you with the 174 T3 wish you would have got the 163 T3? Not trying to hijack...

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any of you with the 174 T3 wish you would have got the 163 T3? Not trying to hijack...

I thought I might have regrets but I have found the 174 is just as easy to handle as my 163 I don't think I would go back. I may consider getting another one and that would be the 163 for messing around And trying to get it more in the air. But other than that I have no regrets and it is a great sled right out of the box.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently love the 174 T3 but I have not had a real deep day yet to see what this sled can really doo
Yea it can climb a wall like crazy and you get there quick
I would love to have a T3 163 for the playfullness and flipping & jumping around

The 174 does not come up easy in front end unless you loosen the limiter strap and who wants to do that if you are climbing steep stuff
It also takes a little longer to turn it around and needs a big bump to make the front end come up on its tail

The thing that impressed me was how tight it can turn if you want to burn it around in 1-2 ft of snow
I think I might buy a 163 next time when they come with more power out of the etec 2

They both are awesome sleds

If you like the playfullness of the 154 then get the 163
Birdie

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
My 174 really shines in the tight trees when it's super deep. I am not into the wide open climbing but more technical tree lines. You don't need to carry the speed and have the ability to get on and off the throttle a without losing momentum. If you do start trenching you can chop the throttle and it floats right back up. I went from a 163xm and will be staying with the 174 now. It does leave a nasty trench for anyone following though.

Top Bottom