Best 35s

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is everyone running? had 2 rocks go through 2 of my stocks today and decided it's time to upgrade.

Thinking Hankooks or Coopers. Possibly toyos if the price is right.

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im running nitto trail grapplers, so far I like them been on it for about 1.5 years still look new

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im running the toyo at2 extreme's I like them but with only 16000 kms on them I don't foresee them holding up to the 80 000 km warranty.. starting to wear

c_nelson99

Reaction score
I drive some brutal roads in the patch so every tire I've bought has had a torture test on gravel, rock ect.

From my personal experience:
Hankook rt03 mt- Chew like mad in mud and snow, wear like iron, ride nice and soft, held up good to gravel. Got about 80000km out of them on my 06 cummins.Like a hockey puck in winter but I still love them.
Toyo at's- sucked, no winter traction, horrible in mud and burnt off in 24000km. Gravel chunked very bad but easy to balance
Cooper discovery STT- decent tread life, minimal gravel chunking, great in mud, nice ride, mediocre in winter
Cooper discovery st- lasted good, no chunking on gravel, good all around traction. Too bad they are discontinued.
Goodyear Duratrac- Ran them on 1/2ton got super tire life, held up good off road, great mud and winter traction. Only drawback was sidewalls soft and truck feels loose and squirmy on road. Prob would never buy again.
Pro-comp extreme at- currently running on my 1/2 ton, seem to be holding up real well to pretty rough roads. Still can't believe how good they do in mud for an at, winter they are pretty reasonable. Seem hard to balance, went to balancing beads.

If you are running on any gravel I highly recommend dropping air press to under 40psi, it'll double your tire life.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
99, what's the story on the tire pressure on gravel? Never heard that before.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never got more than 60k out of anything there is a new Cooper ST that is wayyy better than the old one. Regardless, I got STT's on the way.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the dick cepek fc-II's. I havent had them in the winter yet but they do way better in the dirt and mud than the bfg all terrains I used to have. Since the cepeks have some siping, I expect them do better in the winter too. They were reasonably priced and since they are on my diesel, they are E rated and 10 ply. Never had an issue with balancing them either like some larger tires do.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into running a mud tire for the spring to fall and then run a winter tire for the snow. You will get the same milage or better life on your tires. The best tire for gravel would be the toyo m55.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk 2

PBNFLD

Reaction score
TOYO Open Country M/T's. Im a big fan. Not to loud for a big tire and they last! I ran 35" on a Toyota Tundra I had and I'm currently running 37" on my Dodge. I have 60,000K on the 37". Next set of tires will most likely be these again.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best for what conditions? tsl boggers maybe?? IMO BFG has the best quality. Toyo's are ok too.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Goodyear duratracs on both my 1500HD and my Diesel. On the half ton they were great and got over 100,000km on them (all hiway) Not so lucky on my diesel. Might be lucky if I get 60,000 but run a lot of gravel. Will have to try lowering tire pressure as stated above.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 they just come out this spring/summer. 20,000 km can hardly tell they r worn, just wore the nipples off about 5k ago. I also drive way over the speed limit with no vibes at all. I've also converted 2 dura track die hards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 they just come out this spring/summer. 20,000 km can hardly tell they r worn, just wore the nipples off about 5k ago. I also drive way over the speed limit with no vibes at all. I've also converted 2 dura track die hards.

I wanted to try those but every tire shop I could think of in the edmonton area had to special order them and I didn't want to wait weeks to get them. They look like an awesome tire.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted to try those but every tire shop I could think of in the edmonton area had to special order them and I didn't want to wait weeks to get them. They look like an awesome tire.

Find a shop/retailer that is supplied buy ekeystone automotive. My dads welding shop has an account with them and i order all my sh!t from them. If they have it in stock which they usually do its only 3 to 5 days for shipping.

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
im using dunlop fierce attitudes 325/65/18 they are awesome, low highway noise for type of tire, wear seems to be good as my neighbor has been offroading with them in his jeep for two years and they are barely half worn. they were good in the winter for me too. mine are the 10 ply

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im running the toyo at2 extreme's I like them but with only 16000 kms on them I don't foresee them holding up to the 80 000 km warranty.. starting to wear

Anyone else running these? Was going to try them but a bit gun shy.
Tried the AT toyo twice and terrible tire. No traction and wore out right away.
Have been told these new AT Extremes are suppose to be much better.
Been running the Duratracs with good success but always like to try different types.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going on a 2002 Dodge 2500 ext cab reg box, and the ass end of the truck is so light i need something that is going to be decent on snow. I will be carrying a slip tank and doing some pretty horrible roads for work this winter. I'm leaning towards Hankook M/T or Cooper Discoverer STT right now.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fierce m.t here too.

Had hankook m.t before. Think the fierce will last better but both very good and like better than the way over priced toyo open m.t.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Top Bottom