bent up xp

x-mark

Reaction score
hey guys...ummm so i was riding the new sled last weakend there and hit a rock... now by just the visual inspection it looked like just the lower a arm was bent to s**t... so naturally i put an a arm on . after the fact of that the spindle is still almost standing straight up and down , and still can not see what or were it is bent .... any advice or info would be awsome... thnx :beer: cheers:beer:

nielsy

Reaction score
it is the crossmember that likely bent i just finished changing 1 yesterday and all the a arms were good they are way stronger than the rest

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you think its bent it is. I just did my E module and the lower control arm support (some people call it the S) not to bad lots of rivets though:rant:

x-mark

Reaction score
ya i geuss eah..... couldnt be the top a arm as well...no ? it looks kind of pushed forward:confused:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look for your ski tips to not line up.

If your top arm is pushed forward on one side and not on the other the "S" module or the module brace is twisted.

My brace is out like 1/4" from front to rear and it makes the ski tips out 1".

I'm not replacing mine until I need to, my luck replace it this week, next week wack it again.

The "s" module is basically the "nun" from the previous Rev's, its the bulkhead. Then there is the weak brace underneath that the arms connect to.

It is possible to bend a spindle as well....I've done it. Take them off and run the ski both through them to see if they line up with one another.

Unless its so bad you can't ride it, dont worry about it. Its still early, lots more chances for you to twist it up again!

x-mark

Reaction score
hey ya thanks danny the one ski is pushed back .... so ya thats what i was thinkin to... :beer: cheers :beer:

YamaDoo PolCat

Reaction score
hey ya thanks danny the one ski is pushed back .... so ya thats what i was thinkin to... :beer: cheers :beer:

Of course you don't have to fix it right away! Just adjust for castor and let camber take care of it's self. Worked for a couple days until I got home.

Attachments

• P4050993 (Large).jpg
    P4050993 (Large).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 264

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If I would have known who this was I would have told you to suck it up!

I am in Ottawa until xmas eve, send me a message when you guys are going to ride again. I think we are headin to Nelson on the 3rd for a week, hopefully some good snow!

x-mark

Reaction score
hahaha danny u tell me the two sledders u know that are from okotoks!

Top Bottom