Bent Bulkhead

Stever

Reaction score
I do appreciate the advise, with it I have determined that mine is hardly bent. I still am going to fix it, replace the inner bulkhead support. I think I have come up with a real simple PTO side upper bulkhead suport (I'll take some pics once I'm done). My brother-in-law is a parts guy at Martin and he's ordered me every stiffener you can buy for this thing, I really don't feel like twisting it again! Any motor removal/install tips?
Thanks
Steve

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just infront of the mag side foot stirup(spelling???) the tunnel and bulk head seem to have folded over eachother.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do appreciate the advise, with it I have determined that mine is hardly bent. I still am going to fix it, replace the inner bulkhead support. I think I have come up with a real simple PTO side upper bulkhead suport (I'll take some pics once I'm done). My brother-in-law is a parts guy at Martin and he's ordered me every stiffener you can buy for this thing, I really don't feel like twisting it again! Any motor removal/install tips?
Thanks
Steve

Yah remove your Reeds and un hook the throttle cable from carbs and throttle lever.. Then cable will stay hooked to the oil pump on motor.. Remove Y-pipe and all coolant lines from motor, Unhook oil line going to oil pump , and unhook the other oil line from oil tank..This should make it alot easier to pull out the left side of chassis.. Hope it helps..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny.. I think that there is chat going on about to different sleds on here right now?? But maybe i'm wrong.. LOL..

Stever

Reaction score
I think you're right, cause aside from a few buds no one has seen my sled. On a side note I think I need to get some slave children with small hands cause my hands are getting a little banged up yank'n this motor out!

Steve

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah.. that usually happens.. I might help if yo block the pto side of the motor up tu help with unhooking hoses.. But you are probably about all done by today.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny.. I think that there is chat going on about to different sleds on here right now?? But maybe i'm wrong.. LOL..

yes we are talking 2 differnet sleds,
mine is the one that is messed real bad

04_rev_crunch6 (Medium).jpg

2004_REV_CRUNCH (Medium).jpg

04_rev_crunch_2 (Medium).jpg

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will post a pic of the tunnel where it is folded later tonite, Deano670 said that would be a BIG:mad: problem lol..
to say the least.

I think I may part it out, anyone have any good ideas.

Stever

Reaction score
WOW after see'n your pics mine seems not worth mensioning! Let me know if you are parting it out cause I may be interested in a few things.

Steve

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And those three pics dont even come close to showing the WORST of the damage!!! The tunnel is folded bad enough the chaincase is crooked and the track well it doesnt seem to want to turn anymore. Sorry Johni I wish it could have easier and cheaper for your sake;)

P.S I do however want to thank you again for making the TREK to come and see Deano

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And those three pics dont even come close to showing the WORST of the damage!!! The tunnel is folded bad enough the chaincase is crooked and the track well it doesnt seem to want to turn anymore. Sorry Johni I wish it could have easier and cheaper for your sake;)

P.S I do however want to thank you again for making the TREK to come and see Deano

thank you!

hey do ya think I can bang this thing out so I can go for a rip on the lake here in a month?
maybe I could take it to my budies body shop and we could hook it to the frame jig and pull it out enough, but it would probably just crack and the I am sure it would be tough to align the clutches:D
alwys wanted to hit the lke with my sled.

Top Bottom