Bent Bulkhead

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my Rev, I have one ski that sits further back than the other. I was told that my bulkhead was a little bent. I have no issues with riding or steering. Is there a quick fix for this? To what extent will I need to repair this?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to look very close at the front of the sled, inside and out. Pull the pipe and can and have a look in by the motor and where the front suspension is bolted top and bottom. If you dont have a skid plate look at the underside of the engine bay. Youre looking for any suspect bends. If you dont see any then look at you control arms. Best to catch the problem before it gets real expensive! Just a thought and good luck.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to look very close at the front of the sled, inside and out. Pull the pipe and can and have a look in by the motor and where the front suspension is bolted top and bottom. If you dont have a skid plate look at the underside of the engine bay. Youre looking for any suspect bends. If you dont see any then look at you control arms. Best to catch the problem before it gets real expensive! Just a thought and good luck.

I have looked at what I can without pulling panels and don't see anything. I am hoping to get a year out of it and do some tunnel mods next summer. I never looked at the upper suspension bolts or the control arms. I'll try those this weekend. Thx

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its the right ski it will be easy to see. Right where KORE said behind the can toward the front will have a wrinkle. I haven't seen this to be a cheap fix :( The Rev in our group made it two seasons with just home made braces added to weak area. (never really got it straight)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are brackets that hold the lower a-arm onto the nun. when you hit a rock they tend to bend backwards moving that ski backwards.

unfortunately for the rev the tunnel and bulkhead are combined into one peice. so if you plan on doing tunnel mods you will have to find a good bulkhead also to mount it up to.

also on the front of the nun there is a 90 degree bend on the front when you are looking straight at it. make sure it is still 90 degrees LOL.

the area they are talking about is the big plate area above the exhaust hole in the photo. that tends to let go first.

Top Bottom