beginner ridin in Kamloops area

honda mike

Reaction score
Hi All, I am back on a bike following a 20 yr. break. My wife is new to the sport as is our 9 yr. old daughter. Would like to ride in the Kamloops area this spring. Which areas would have the best beginner /intermediate riding. We are all on bikes.
Thanks Mike

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
park at the meadows on the way to scuttio lake and campbell lake,lots of trails and roads,or you could try out inks or greenstone,as long as you stay fairly low the trails are easy.I take my boy who is 5 to these places plus a few more and we can have a good day,the ridin is already starting around here.

honda mike

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Is it easy to find the lakes you mentioned for the first area? I have heard of Inks and Greenstone. Are those ride-able now? Are the trails well marked?
Thanks Again, Mike

loose cannon

Reaction score
honda mike , listen to Powderslut. best place around for kids n beginers. roads or trails everywhere. easy to find.

honda mike

Reaction score
Just Googled the 2 lakes and sound very easy to find. It is closer to Revy. so that is a bonus as well. Could easily be a day trip. Sounds like I should throw in the fly rods as well!!
Thanks again, Mike

MoToJeWeL

Reaction score
Website
www.motojewel.com
Thanks for the info. Is it easy to find the lakes you mentioned for the first area? I have heard of Inks and Greenstone. Are those ride-able now? Are the trails well marked?
Thanks Again, Mike

As GS, the trails are not marked with "difficulty" levels. You can potentially start out on a on a trail that seems easy enough only to find that it becomes some gnarly single track. For me, that's great, not so good for someone starting out. Like PowderSlut mentioned, stay low...

There are several (dozens) of nice sweeping trails... I would suggest going there with someone who knows the trails to take you around. The place is huge... but again, if you stay low on the mountain you will be fine.

Tailings Pond in Hope has some of the the trails marked like ski runs and most are named.

Hope this helps a little.

honda mike

Reaction score
Thanks MoToJeWeL, All info helps. Will be out there in a couple of weeks. Will update this post with how it goes. If it gets too gnarly we will just turn around.
Mike

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is some nice scenery and easy old roads and trails above kamloops lake if youre into exploring. head out towards the airport and up red lake fsr take youre first left at the very sharp corner. It's called the dewdrop and you can ride right down to the beach.

H2O

Reaction score
Where is the best place to access Inks if you have never ridden there before? and what are some of the trails to follow. We are not beginner riders. Thanks

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most just turn off the coq at the huge inks lake exit sign. You turn into the bush right across from highways sand and salt pit.

Top Bottom