Before I get it dirty...

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...its new so is there anything I can apply outta the gate to make cleaning easier? Not to concerned about the plastics, just more the hard to get at parts.. Undercarriage, skid spaces, engine compartment things of that nature....

Probably won't be too big an issue after I scratch er up a bit, crash into some trees, and break a few parts, just it'll make me feel better first few trips out.....

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
... Both....I like to ride naked .....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the years I have tried, pledge, spray wax, tire shine, liquid wax.

Pledge seemed to help the most to make cleaning a little easier.

As as for you wear a borat and rinse in the creek....

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that's her in you avatar pic she's allowed to ride naked! And can I come along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think there is an easy way to keep them clean. Alway a few beer job cleaning them up after a ride. What you buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use silicone spray..... its clear and non oily and drys clear and besides make things shine it lubricates and protects too... i go to Gregg's Distributing in Calgary here and buy it by the case of 12.... this brand is called Lloyds Silicone Lube and Shine... its the largest spray bottle i have found for silicone spray at 400g or 20 fl. oz... and Gregg's price is wholesale at just shy of 6 bucks a can plus gst... great price and one can can do the whole machine and still have some left over... just dont spray your seat or you will be slipping all over the place all day long...lol..you can spray it on your pipe and header too... wont burn off ... good to 500 F// wont gum, freeze or discolor

the can is actually 9 inchs long.... pic is sort of distorted....

Attachments

• silicone spray 001.jpg
    silicone spray 001.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do... it works so awesome... and cheap to boot... i just add in 6 bucks to all the rest of the cost to ride one day... no big deal... and all your creeks and whatever noises you get on your quad from mud and such go away...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the sxs it may take more then a can if you want to do it to everything... with my quad i just spray it all over except my seat... now your seats you dont slip off them so you can do them too... repleys water 100% too... but has to be applied after every ride... it does wash off ....

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's pretty excellent, however the cheapskate in me says I'll have to wear out the appropriate parts first prior to that type of mod...
I'll likely look for more hp before I attempt that though...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OH DONT USE THAT NEVER WET! .. i know someone who did.... it sucks... it makes you look thru a fog when sprayed on... its not clear...and it washes off too with time... but what happens is its a 2 step process... and with time the first layer starts peeling off like a snake shedding its skin.... i can see it on small items that dont get washed alot... but once applied it makes everything look like your looking thru fog....

lasts 2 year? oh what a a lie that is.... the guy who did this from the first pressure wash had 50% washed kinda off... so no more water just running off... that leaves the first layer on there that then just starts to peel... looks like ****... believe me... it will last 2 years if you never clean it or wash the item its done too...

Last edited:

PetroMan

Reaction score
OH DONT USE THAT NEVER WET! .. i know someone who did.... it sucks... it makes you look thru a fog when sprayed on... its not clear...and it washes off too with time... but what happens is its a 2 step process... and with time the first layer starts peeling off like a snake shedding its skin.... i can see it on small items that dont get washed alot... but once applied it makes everything look like your looking thru fog....

lasts 2 year? oh what a a lie that is.... the guy who did this from the first pressure wash had 50% washed kinda off... so no more water just running off... that leaves the first layer on there that then just starts to peel... looks like ****... believe me... it will last 2 years if you never clean it or wash the item its done too...

Thx for heads up KWIK, looked to good to be true

Top Bottom