Beef!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious why you would want grass fed beef ? It's tastes terrible ( no marbling) and is generally very tough. Look for grain fed beef , for tender juicy flavour...
For example the cheaper beef from New Zealand that is imported is grass fed , compared to Alberta grain fed beef , it is absolute crap....
The grass fed is pushed an alternative, when it fact it is just a cheaper to produce product with no benefit at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, grass fed and corn fed doesn't taste nearly as good. A lot of beef in the states is corn fed and is not nearly as good as Alberta beef. Unfortunately, Alberta is starting to go to corn fed a lot more because it's so much cheaper. :nono::(

Adam31

Reaction score
Just curious why you would want grass fed beef ? It's tastes terrible ( no marbling) and is generally very tough. Look for grain fed beef , for tender juicy flavour...
For example the cheaper beef from New Zealand that is imported is grass fed , compared to Alberta grain fed beef , it is absolute crap....
The grass fed is pushed an alternative, when it fact it is just a cheaper to produce product with no benefit at all.

Maybe I will try grain fed this time, had grass fed before and was good but if gain is better I will go that way. Thanks

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, grass fed and corn fed doesn't taste nearly as good. A lot of beef in the states is corn fed and is not nearly as good as Alberta beef. Unfortunately, Alberta is starting to go to corn fed a lot more because it's so much cheaper. :nono::(

This year they should be fed grain over corn as we have a yr or 2 supply of feed grain here in sask to send out for the feed lots

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes a lot more barley around for feed / that's for sure..

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Durum and wheat mostly out here but I'm sure there's lots of feed barley too

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're in the Park, look up Malica Family Farm. Curt is our supplier for Burgers for our Steele Heights Community League events, we get rave reviews from everyone and his prices are excellent. Never mind that he's a hell of a nice guy too.

Adam31

Reaction score
If you're in the Park, look up Malica Family Farm. Curt is our supplier for Burgers for our Steele Heights Community League events, we get rave reviews from everyone and his prices are excellent. Never mind that he's a hell of a nice guy too.

I will check it out thanks

Top Bottom