Bearberry Sledding

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out Sunday April 3 west of Bearberry and north along Rig Street, the snow conditions were the best I have seen in years. Needless to say we had a blast, most areas the snow was thigh deep and a few spots were it was at may waist and I am 5'10". Our group were the first riders in so we had lots of fresh powder to chew up even at the end of the day when the snow was starting to get heavy, it was great!!! The only reason I wanted to get out on Sunday was to burn the rest of the fuel in my tank (which I did) but like I said this was an awesome riding day that you soon won't forget. I just wish we had time to explore around the Blue Hill Yara Creek area but not enough hours in the day:( When the snow conditions are like they were yesterday this is a beautiful area to ride. It was a great sleddin day or did I mention that already:d

Britt

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the above, we were also out in the west country west of Burnt Stick Lake & Bearberry and the conditions were spectacular!!!!

Billy Boy:cool:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we went north of the open grass fields [ south of medicne lake ] and there is still waist to knee deep there too....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep but it is going fast, bet i lost 8" yesterday at home, our well was totally covewred couldnt see it in the morning end of the day was a good 6+" sticking out of the snow. we went out north of lake isle, friends had a couple untouched quarters still left we hit them and found lots of windsheild deep stuff, but boy were the clutches getting warm riding in that stuff.:d

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wholly Crap did we get a dump of snow in the west country. Hopefully it won't get as warm as the weather man is predicting, should still make for some great riding this weekend!!!

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and a friend of his were sledding out in the Rig Street area yesterday and the report is; There is a stupid amount of snopw out there and in most of the areas they were the first ones making tracks.

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have heard the conditions where epic out in the west country but its melting fast. Will have to go this weekend and enjoy!!!!

Britt

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was at sundre drag races yesterday very little snow save your money it melted about 6-8 inches in one day and it's going to be 10-15 all week

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went north of nordegg today. Some of the grader windrows were up to the signs. 2 to 5 plus feet

A few more feet and the cut blocks would be a gas...

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out just north of that area on Sat, lots of mud and water, save the drive!

Don't know where you guys where at but we were out west of Bearberry yesterday and then went north on Rig Street and the conditions were very good. Found lots of areas with knee to thigh deep powder that were untouched. Had a very good day of sledding.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know where you guys where at but we were out west of Bearberry yesterday and then went north on Rig Street and the conditions were very good. Found lots of areas with knee to thigh deep powder that were untouched. Had a very good day of sledding.

Not very familiar with area. Where is Rig Street?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rig street runs from west of clearwater store south to west of bearberry, signs on the road from caroline can't remember from bearberry. not top secret that i know off what you want to do?

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Rig Street is not top secret, it is an connecting oil service road from the forestrey trunk road west of the Bearberry Salon (about 8 - 10 miles) which goes north to the hi-way near Ricinus west of Caroline. I believe the Caroline trail system crosses it a few times and the Olds Snowmobile Club has a connnecting link to the Caroline trail system and that link parallels the Rig Street road. Lots of neat areas along Rig Street to go play when the snow is good.

Britt

Top Bottom