Bear Berry Poker Rally - July 31, 2011

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i knew you were joking but all joking aside it can actually get really hairy up there after the rally lol but im so stoked for what do you ride doorfx?

Arctic cat Red,snorked,piped,jetted,clutched,lifted and 28" outlaw mst's.I am glad they made a second trail down the steep hill to trappers cabin.I was told last year that the year before that some one had actually been killed on that hill.

Gettin' Muddy

Reaction score
Arctic cat Red,snorked,piped,jetted,clutched,lifted and 28" outlaw mst's.I am glad they made a second trail down the steep hill to trappers cabin.I was told last year that the year before that some one had actually been killed on that hill.

yea it is always a tough downhill but the trail around sucks for a straight axel quad because there are tree roots everywhere, and i'll see you there im on a wolverine with a guy on a rappy 700

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just in case there is some misunderstanding I was joking!!!!! This is a great rally.i ride there all the time.

no worries! i knew you were jokin! :d

the calgary atv riders are having a club ride a little past caroline, past the T intersection where the ice cream store is... straight thru, not turning right to rocky... i believe a few club members are camping either with us and driving to the rally or camping at the rally and coming were we are for a ride on another day.... one or the other??

i am going to the club ride and camping there cause a bunch are going out on wed night already and i am going out about noon on thursday.. not sure yet if i will do the rally or stay with the club for the ride on Sunday.. will see...

hedge

Reaction score
What kind of riding is this trail? Lots of mud?

I'm trying to decide if I should wear the waders or not.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not lots, but some.Most of the mud has chicken trails to go around it.I am not wearing mine.

Gettin' Muddy

Reaction score
Depending on the conditions out there this upcoming week it should be dryer with less mud then normal

Gettin' Muddy

Reaction score
this week is supposed to be all sun i thought? and it should dry up some of the mud left over from the rain last week which wasnt to bad up there i was scouting it out sunday

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your worried about it being a tricky trail then you've got nothing to worry about, well depending on riding skill. Last year was my first year going and I took my dirtbike because 2 of my buddies were taking theirs also. We were some of the very few dirtbikers (making me wish I brought my quad). The trails were the same as all of the other ones that I ride on a regular basis because I live outside of caroline. I managed to drive my bike off of the side of a hill and later on break my shifting lever and had to quite before the last checkpoint but all in all it was a great ride! and I have intentions of going to the one this weekend

hedge

Reaction score
I had some time to kill today so I went out that way. I was surprized that the signs were up already. Is there more than one parking area because the area i saw didn't seem to be very big.

Also if you're coming from the east leave some extra time since they are working on the bridge in Sundre and it's only 1 lane alternating. I heard a rumour at the gas station that they may open it temporarily for the long weekend, anyone else heard that?

PS, I won't know anyone, say hello. I'll be on the '09 renegade with 28" Zillas on itp 212b's. Gangly tall dude.

Gettin' Muddy

Reaction score
I havent heard anything about the bridge being opened again and it will be very busy but hopefully if they dont open up 2 lanes for it that traffic will cooperate and all go out west :) and I'll be sure to say hello hedge I'll be the guy soaked head to toe on a wolverine with a group of raptors

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty bummed that I wasn't able to make it out there again this year. How was it?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I had a blast out there even though my damn rhino got a flat and overheated about 10 times. Best part was watching my nephew make everyone on their big bore 4x4s look like fools by blasting through the skeg section right before the third check on his old 400ex...I think he was the only guy who made it through there without getting stuck all day :)

Top Bottom