Be careful out there.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am starting this thread in hopes to raise som awarness about driving. Someone posted a speed traps thread and I got to thinking about the dangers of speeding and other related scenarios. Before i post some pics and tell my story, Im not looking for sympathoy or the "man your lucky to be alive's". I know that stuff and have heard it from many others. Maybe others on this site know of people who have done the same and can't convince them to change their ways perhaps these pics will help.

Here is the story:

March 10, 2008. I was driving home from work, about 1000km, after 2 weeks of night shift. I had stoped a couple times through out the drive to have some road side naps, wake up and keep on trucking. At about 11:30 at night I was 48km from home and feeling sleepy again but thought i had made it this far i can go another half hour and be sleeping in my own bed. That was not the case. I fell a sleep with cruise control on going about 125km/hr. I wont get into details but was fairly lucky to be alive. I smartend up, refused to drive while tired and always pulled over, and the cruise control never gets used.

Aug 6, 2010, my wife gave birth to our second child, a beautiful little girl. On the morning of the 10th I got called to work, was only going to be a 2 day job but was an emergency and no one else could go. Again 1000km drive, but being the good guy I am I agreed to it. Drove my 1000 km to work spent 2 days fixing the situation that had been left for me and on the morning of the 13th after working for 48hrs left work work and head to FSJ (50km away) where i was going to sleep until rested and head home. I made it about half the distance before getting tired and decided to pull over to have a nap. As I started to sleep a service rig pulled in and started to rig up, no way i was going to get some sleep there so started down the road to a pull out i knew of about 5 km away. Unfortunatly i did not make it. I fell a sleep and ended up having a head on with a set of super B's. Again very lucky to be alive.

Most of us have done this, driven tired, under the influence, talking on phones or txt or whatever. Keep in mind today more injuries or fatalities happen driving to or from work. If you or someone you know has these habitts please change them. Im thankful every day and prey for those who are not willing to change. Its only a matter of time.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 102

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am starting this thread in hopes to raise som awarness about driving. Someone posted a speed traps thread and I got to thinking about the dangers of speeding and other related scenarios. Before i post some pics and tell my story, Im not looking for sympathoy or the "man your lucky to be alive's". I know that stuff and have heard it from many others. Maybe others on this site know of people who have done the same and can't convince them to change their ways perhaps these pics will help.

Here is the story:

March 10, 2008. I was driving home from work, about 1000km, after 2 weeks of night shift. I had stoped a couple times through out the drive to have some road side naps, wake up and keep on trucking. At about 11:30 at night I was 48km from home and feeling sleepy again but thought i had made it this far i can go another half hour and be sleeping in my own bed. That was not the case. I fell a sleep with cruise control on going about 125km/hr. I wont get into details but was fairly lucky to be alive. I smartend up, refused to drive while tired and always pulled over, and the cruise control never gets used.

Aug 6, 2010, my wife gave birth to our second child, a beautiful little girl. On the morning of the 10th I got called to work, was only going to be a 2 day job but was an emergency and no one else could go. Again 1000km drive, but being the good guy I am I agreed to it. Drove my 1000 km to work spent 2 days fixing the situation that had been left for me and on the morning of the 13th after working for 48hrs left work work and head to FSJ (50km away) where i was going to sleep until rested and head home. I made it about half the distance before getting tired and decided to pull over to have a nap. As I started to sleep a service rig pulled in and started to rig up, no way i was going to get some sleep there so started down the road to a pull out i knew of about 5 km away. Unfortunatly i did not make it. I fell a sleep and ended up having a head on with a set of super B's. Again very lucky to be alive.

Most of us have done this, driven tired, under the influence, talking on phones or txt or whatever. Keep in mind today more injuries or fatalities happen driving to or from work. If you or someone you know has these habitts please change them. Im thankful every day and prey for those who are not willing to change. Its only a matter of time.

well put

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These pics and story is now used by Shell, Talisman and ICBC about driving. What saved me is that truck was empty. It was being used to haul sand for frac jobs in Hudson Hope, he was returning for a load, had he been full of sand things could have gone differently.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These pics and story is now used by Shell, Talisman and ICBC about driving. What saved me is that truck was empty. It was being used to haul sand for frac jobs in Hudson Hope, he was returning for a load, had he been full of sand things could have gone differently.

well glad for a lot of people that could of been affected it wasnt full

Top Bottom