BDX intake pros/cons

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a bdx intake on my 09 m1000 and we have also put one on a 2010 m8 in our group, haven't had the chance to get out yet to see how it works, looking for feed back from people using the intake weither its positive or negative, thanks.

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one on my 2010. Worked great. Would recommend putting tape or something on the aluminum ridges at the front of the bulk head as they will cut into the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... My iPhone can climb higher than yours! :p

vans

Reaction score
Have one on my 2011 m8 sno pro and it works great as long as u seal up your bulkhead right under the bdx vent it builds up with snow and then it turns to ice and frezes up your intake which will cause bogging and headaches.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did not seal mine up and what a headache it was , i pulled it off .

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first run with mine last week up Allen Creek and it worked great, easy installation, taped the edges around the upper snow cover to the nose cone and it seems fine, the new kits have guards on the bulkhead to prevent tearing

mustard73

Reaction score
X3 on taping around the upper cover. This is especially important when riding in powder.I also found switching from the stock metal mesh to the sticker type on the hood really helped keep snow out.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried mine this last week for the first time in some deep pow. I had a bad bog if I let the sled idle for any amount of time but my pipe sensor went out the same day so I'm not sure which caused it yet

mtm

Reaction score
Just curious, are these for weight saving or more power? I've got reeds and full SLP exhaust, my sleds an 08 with all the 09 updates. It runs crisp and strong, got my BD #s from a well known shop and don't think I'll even touch anything. Is there more to be gained or just possible problems?

Last edited:

m7 carver

Reaction score
I think mine was one of the biggest wastes of money i have ever made. I put it on my m7 and it now has a really bad bottom end bog and it bogs in deep snow and i find the frogskins at the front of the sled always get built up with ice. Also it does not fit very good and when i pulled it out this fall to do a-arm bushings there was a film of dust and stuff in the rabbur piece behind it which leads to the throttle bodies. I wont be putting one on my next cat.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive run mine for a season and a half without the cover even on it with absolutely no issues, nevr bogs. That cover might be the reason u guys r gettin the bog, might not be gettin enuff air in the pow cause the vents get covered with snow. Without the cover on if its real deep the sled can still breath some under hood air, regardless if its warm air its better than no air. Plus ive got my sled vented about as much as u can besides runnin a skinz or diamond s

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive run mine for a season and a half without the cover even on it with absolutely no issues, nevr bogs. That cover might be the reason u guys r gettin the bog, might not be gettin enuff air in the pow cause the vents get covered with snow. Without the cover on if its real deep the sled can still breath some under hood air, regardless if its warm air its better than no air. Plus ive got my sled vented about as much as u can besides runnin a skinz or diamond s

If you are going to run it that way, why wouldn`t you just drill holes in stock box and stick some frogskins on. $50 vs $200 or what ever they charge for it. Skins has a little snorkle they bolt on the stock box for like $40, I would be curious how that works. For now I`ll just stick with the stock setup with couple extra ports on the top of the stock box.

Badnews

Reaction score
Very interesting to hear that scrfce.....Are you running a fuel controller with your set up?

I currently have the stock intake with an SLP (horn?) and 2 weeks ago in Chappel, the powder was so deep it was coming on top of the hood and sticking on the stock intake vents and I would lose power ( almost bog ). As soon as i would brush the powder away from the vents......Hold ON!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a good deal on it, its lighter than the stock box Plus its good to have those bumper vents ta boot. No controller bad news and ive played many times in that sickter chappel deep with my set up and no bog, but i did get the exact same stock bog u talk of. Only time ive ever had a bog with the open bdx airbox was wen i chipped a reed and it was always holding one side open, it was confusing but eventually got it figured

Badnews

Reaction score
What other stuff are you running Scrfce? I'd love to rip that freeking stock air intake and vent the sh$t out of my hood... but I'm concerned cause I also ride 0-3000f elevation and am worried it would lean er out too much.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not really runnin any engine mods just a jaws can and all exhaust ceramic coated, bdx box, pretty much every vent possible, rkt secondary kit and a 2.5" camo extreme, plus a few other things to lighten it up. Rips ballz jus the way i got it,,,,lookin to possibly big bore. As for u runnin it below 3000' i cant give u an answer cause i wouldnt want somethin to actually let go on ya, maybe ask a guy like glengine on the site or brent at Arctic Edge, theyre tuners thatd be able to steer u in the right direction

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious, are these for weight saving or more power? I've got reeds and full SLP exhaust, my sleds an 08 with all the 09 updates. It runs crisp and strong, got my BD #s from a well known shop and don't think I'll even touch anything. Is there more to be gained or just possible problems?
If it's running good let her be IMO bdx boxes are good if installed properly just makesure every thing else's is working too or u can chase ur tail looking for issues ...not a noticeable difference from what if seen if you haven't already done it on ur 08 a timing key and helix upgrade go a long way. Call mark he will let u know all the best upgrades T

Top Bottom