BD or Silber???

dirty_duramax

Reaction score
Ok, i've decided to boost my 2012 proclimb M8 and have pretty much narrowed it down to either a silber or a BD kit. Im counting on the success silber has had with the poo to spill over to the cats. the biggest draw is the cost of silber at around 2500 cheaper than BD...their answer to why it costs so little..."we are not ripping you off". BDs biggest attributes include hundreds of satisfied customers and the electronic boost control. silber has the low cost, no cutting a hole in your tunnel, and reviews from poo owners that they work great. what are your thoughts?:beer::beer:

trail breaker

Reaction score
TSS turbo's from Salmon Arm they run a Boost It controller that's over a grand to buy on it's own, yet they are still over a $1000. cheeper than BD turbo. I just got one on my 2013 pro climb the set up is done and fine tuning is as easy as just pushing a button to adjust main fuel setting. up to 8 lbs. can run 50/50 av pump mix strait av the guys at TSS are running 12-15 lbs all winter. Brandon and the other at TSS are great with support on any questions concerns . they make it work awesome and keep it simple so you are riding not wrenching . Rory at Salmon Arm Cat Dealer great guy to talk about TSS turbo's

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an m1000 bd turbo and I have a 2013 silber pro and the silber kit is 100 times the kit of the bd the bd kit has never ran good once it cost me 2000 more then the silber kit and I had to cut and weld the stock pipe and I know a lot of people bitch about those dobec boxes but I haven't even had to adjust mine yet I installed the kit and just ride it, the new boxes use and extra sensor in the air pipe to make it run better and I haven't even had a det light come on yet . I have talked to bd about my sled and there response is to upgrade the fuel system again! Which is another 1000 dollars. I would never go bd again.

BIGTurboT

Reaction score
I would suggest if you are gonna spend the money....spend the money. I don't know much abouts the TSS system, but the Boost-It fuel controller is miles ahead of the competition, I'm certain that TSS produces a fantastic product for the Cats. CPC is also a solid candidate, and their kit for the Pro Climbs has been improved from that of the M Series from what I have seen...and the M Series kit is solid, even with the Dobeck fuel programmer, which isn't all that bad. Just remember, you get what you pay for! If your makin' the jump to a turbo, don't go the least expensive route...there is a reason they are less expensive, because they are put together with lesser quality components. Saving money to put on a lesser quality turbo, just to have a turbo is money poorly spent. I wouldn't put anything other than a kit with a Garrett compressor on my machine! Also a Boost-It controller can be put on any sled with secondary injectors, if your able to get your hands on one.

Good luck in your decision

Last edited:

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep a cheap kit is a cheap kit...usually with all chinese parts.

Have you looked into the twisted kit?

Top Bottom