BC up's fines on recreational vehicles

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the season ends and all areas are closed entirely a protest ride will cost 100’s of thousands and 6 months in jail. This was enacted to make sure our community of sledders conform to the new bubble of Canada. We can enjoy the outdoors through Al Gore movies safe at home.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
This is the first step of complete shut-down..... Maybe i'll wait another year to buy a sled again, after my knee replacement in the new year, just to be certain as to how far the back country shutdowns go

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it did some good I would be for it. Those small areas they keep open for sledders here the caribou numbers actually are doing better that the closed areas, so however they came to the conclusion that sledders effect caribou it was all just crap data.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sadden by this announcement but i've seen abuser, in fact more so now then ever because of increased number of user's. I do not believe that the majority of us fit in that category but we on S&M are really only a very small number compared to others in our sport that are not on S&M.
Like anything you only need a few to give the whole sport a bad rap.
This is similar to guy's who avoid paying trail passes or ride in club designated areas but rode in via a secret trail to not pay.
They don't respect the organization, why would they respect the boundary's.

I have in the past told rider's that they are riding out of bound and most plead innocent. "didn't know" Now i think i will be reporting sled's i see out of bound to protect my right to ride.

Catrider16

Reaction score
I'm sadden by this announcement but i've seen abuser, in fact more so now then ever because of increased number of user's. I do not believe that the majority of us fit in that category but we on S&M are really only a very small number compared to others in our sport that are not on S&M.
This is similar to guy's who avoid paying trail passes or ride in club designated areas but rode in via a secret trail to not pay.

I have in the past told rider's that they are riding out of bound and most plead innocent. "didn't know" Now i think i will be reporting sled's i see out of bound to protect my right to ride.

Are you talking about the time you caught up to a couple of guy's on Frisby and gave them your piece about riding in a closed area...LOL, i think those guy's were so stoned to cared about closures.
A camera would had been a good idea to have.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where I have been sledding I have not encountered riding on the boundry of a closed area. There is mention that unknowingly entering a closed area is no excuse but I will have to see how well these areas might be marked and how easy it is to track the boundaries. I know the relatively few areas I ride but this might be another really good reason (in addition to avalanche and local terrain knowledge) to hire a guide when traveling to a new area.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sarcasm I hope? Very few plates are mounted and showing. I am plated, but no way am I drilling holes to mount it.

Rumor is they're gonna start writing fines for that this winter too. No more warnings. Better get it mounted.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In BC you can download the closure data to you tablet or gps or phone, if you get stopped and fined make sure and take pictures of the helicopter, if you have a good gps, the picture will show the exact coordinates of where it was taken. You can beat a bogus charge with the right equipment.

Top Bottom