BC to Regulate ATV, Sleds, & Bikes

depthcharger

Reaction score
Probably a good idea to regulate the noise from ATV's and sleds. Cans and pipes are not needed IMO, and it just draws more attention from the non-rec vehicle community. Noise is one way to tick off people living near riding area's.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once again.There is no man power to police this.

No, but if you are out enjoying your ride and by chance on your way back to the truck, you happen to run into a check,.. I hope will you will not be mad if you get a ticket because of disobeying the law.

IMO I won't take the chance, the cost vs price of having an aftermarket exhaust is not worth it, UNLESS its a quiet performance like with muzzy whisper cores.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good idea nothing i hate more than loud pipes they do absolutley nothing but annoy people no noticable power gains vs a quieter pipe at all i would strongly support alberta on this too and we do have the policing for it i have never been out and not ran into SRD patroling trails and ticketing violators

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is it people support laws for quiet vehicles being used out in the middle of nowhere but it's ok for motorcycles roaring around densely populated areas with straight pipes?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is it people support laws for quiet vehicles being used out in the middle of nowhere but it's ok for motorcycles roaring around densely populated areas with straight pipes?

The laws are already in place for the noisy pricks in town, thet just need to be enforced....

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about the guys with 2 stroke quads and bikes are we going be told we are to loud as well,next thing you know a guy cutting a truck load of fore wood running a power saw will be ticketed as well because its to loud to. my quad is a older 2 stroke and stock is a little loud so is that going to mean if its over the limt for noice I cant ride it anymore?

depthcharger

Reaction score
what about the guys with 2 stroke quads and bikes are we going be told we are to loud as well,next thing you know a guy cutting a truck load of fore wood running a power saw will be ticketed as well because its to loud to. my quad is a older 2 stroke and stock is a little loud so is that going to mean if its over the limt for noice I cant ride it anymore?

you would be able to ride it all you want when your quad meets the noise limit regulations!

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Isn't that just a little absurd? Besides, 2012 is the end of the Earth, so you have nothing to worry about.

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do u make something stock quieter? I anit got the cash to buy new or there would be a new KTM530 dirtbike in my shop.

Try repacking the silencer, cheap and easy to do. I'm glad BC has the stones to try to regulate some of the yahoos out there, the helmet law can't come fast enough in Alberta. Just think of all the health care $ saved if we didn't have to deal with all those brain injuries from pinheads falling off their ATV's/ dirtbikes while not wearing a helmet.
As far as enforcing the laws go, all they have to do is set up at staging areas.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have
a m1000 and its got an mbrp can it is a bit louder than stock but it removed at least 15lbs from the right side of my machine so ill take the ticket over the weight and i like the way it sounds now too it dosnt sound like a sewing machine:)

depthcharger

Reaction score
well i have
a m1000 and its got an mbrp can it is a bit louder than stock but it removed at least 15lbs from the right side of my machine so ill take the ticket over the weight and i like the way it sounds now too it dosnt sound like a sewing machine:)

Tickets are not going to be the problem....closing areas because of un-necassary noise is!

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have

Well, the world certainly needs more men who love pi$$ing into the wind and really enjoy the fun of getting wet. :confused: Go get 'em tiger !

rounder

Reaction score
how do u make something stock quieter? I anit got the cash to buy new or there would be a new KTM530 dirtbike in my shop.

just take a look at his tags. new tires and pipe in the spring. you will hear me before you see me... enuff said i think hahaha good job talkin outta ur ass mavrick

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey I said in the spring and besides that it takes under a hour to swap a pipe out i will run it when I come to albreta to ride (which is 90% of the time) and put it back to stock here.:p

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tickets are not going to be the problem....closing areas because of un-necassary noise is!

i would say 95% of the people riding in the mountains have put an aftermarket can on their sled some because they want the noise and some for the huge weight loss i myself did it mainly for the weight loss like i said previously i lost 15lbs on the right side of my sled by converting to an mbrp can from the stock suitcase it came with if i could have a can that was more quiet and still have that weight loss id have that can but as it is the mbrp can isnt that loud if you compare to other models like jaws cans they seem to be pretty noisey i dont think its going to be a big issue:p

Top Bottom