BBQ Tricks and special Marinades

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got ambitious last spring and built a bbq island, I find myself bbq'ing a LOT more now.
I like to get rib eyes and just put some pepper medley on them and then put oyster sauce on them while they're cooking. keeps them really juicy and they taste awesome too. I also do the bacon wrapped filet mignon. I buy the thick cut bacon then wrap up the filets with 2 pcs of bacon per filet and tie it on with butchers string, then same thing pepper them up and brush on the oyster sauce.
I've bbq'd pizzas on there, using a pizza stone...surprisingly good

Sent from my iPad

Damn fine looking BBQ Island.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I make this pork tenderloin often. I cook it in the slow cooker and on the grill- If you like a little spicy zing, a few minced jalapenos in the marinade adds a little zip :) When cooking on the grill, marinade for 12 + hrs (the longer the better), and give it a good sear on high heat before finishing up on a lower temp. Also, it's a great idea to stick a temp probe in the tenderloin, because they are small they are easily over cooked - nothing worse than a dry piece of meat!
Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Tenderloin

It's excellent with this salsa!

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
I started cooking everything over charcoal. Picked up a Weber performer . I also have 2 other small Weber grills that I take camping. Charcoal is the way to go. Low , slow and a lot of beer.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Like most other commercially available cans, beer cans are lined with epoxy that contains bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical that keeps foods from reacting to aluminum, but that has also become associated with a range of ailments, including cancer, reproductive trouble, and . BPA is well established as an endocrine-disrupting chemical, meaning that it likely causes hormonal damage at .

I would refrain from cooking a beer can in my chicken. Don't need to be soaking it with carcinogens and who knows what else.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Like most other commercially available cans, beer cans are lined with epoxy that contains bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical that keeps foods from reacting to aluminum, but that has also become associated with a range of ailments, including cancer, reproductive trouble, and . BPA is well established as an endocrine-disrupting chemical, meaning that it likely causes hormonal damage at .

I would refrain from cooking a beer can in my chicken. Don't need to be soaking it with carcinogens and who knows what else.

Very true ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For a few dollars, one can buy a food grade stainless steel butt roasting can. This one I got at a private liquor store.

IMG_3694.jpg

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good marinade we use quite often for flank steak:

1 Cup of Pineapple Juice
2 Cups of Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup of white vinegar
1 Cup of brown sugar
4-6 diced garlic cloves
Mix all together and bring to a boil, allow to boil for 3 minutes ish
Cool down and pour over flank steak, marinade for at least 24 hours.......bbq and enjoy!

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my all time favourite appy for the bbq. Cut your jalapeño in half and gut it ,fill with cream cheese, wrap half a slice of bacon around it. Place on tinfoil sprayed with cooking spray. If you have epicure spices , guacamole spice is very good to sprinkle. Cook until bacon is cooked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 348

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think my can rack can hold a hutt chicken. but I have a few hutt chickens so I might have to try it
Try that with the Hutt chickens and you will never buy roasters from Overwaitea again........................guaranteed!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I thawed a couple pork roasts the other day. Rubbed them with seasoning yesterday morning, then wrapped and put in the fridge for 24 hours. Tossed them on the barbecue with a handful of apple wood chips, and apple juice in the pan. Cooked @ 275 for 8 hours, got an internal temp of 190. Wrapped in foil and let rest for 1 hour. Then I sliced and made Cubanos, with ham, mustard and pickles. Grilled of course. Absolutely delicious. I was concerned that the pork would be dry, cooking it that high but the "rest" seemed to do the trick.

I would post pictures, but this website can't seem to handle photo bucket pictures tonight, for whatever reason.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok you sausage lovers, this isnt some dried out over smoked chunk of horse dink, this is the sweetest piece of meat you will ever have in your mouth. Buy it by the case to get a discount.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 245

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rib eyes tonight. I lightly coat boht sides with oil and rub crushed garlic and coarse ground pepper on before and let sit as long as possible before bbqing, sometimes a couple of days. Twisted Tea on ice to wash er all down!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rib eyes tonight. I lightly coat boht sides with oil and rub crushed garlic and coarse ground pepper on before and let sit as long as possible before bbqing, sometimes a couple of days. Twisted Tea on ice to wash er all down!

Wouldn't a nice imported beer go better with a rib eye?

Just saying.........................:D

Top Bottom