BBQ Tricks and special Marinades

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since it's getting so quiet around here I think we should start a thread with our favorite BBQ marinades, or what ever else BBQ related. Last night I did up a 6 pound roast with a garlic and crack pepper rub that I had marinating for 3 days. Turned out very juicy. Today will be just burgers but I'm going to try BBQing a pineapple Saborossa style with brown sugar and cinnamon. Anyone else got any mouth watering marinades for some thick Juicy steaks?

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not really big into steak marinades, I prefer a light seasoning on quality beef. However, I do like to barbecue!

Stuffed chicken burgers:
Whitecourt-20130320-00249_zpsc77c9a2b.jpg

Stuffed beef burgers:
Whitecourt-20130327-00267_zpsc87b3afc.jpg
Whitecourt-20130327-00269_zpsb7f08b8a.jpg

Our Christmas turkey:
Whitecourt-20130328-00272_zps8acfef0b.jpg

Applewood smoked pork loin roast:
Whitecourt-20130413-00424_zpsa4cc6983.jpg

I'll stop now, as I am getting hungry. I like to cook everything I can on the grill.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else got any mouth watering marinades for some thick Juicy steaks?

For steaks, I prefer not to marinade either. Just start with a quality cut, and then rub on some olive oil, and then a liberal amount of kosher salt and fresh black pepper.

Love to serve with grilled asparagus. Press a bunch of garlic into some olive oil, and let it sit for a while. Brush it on the asparagus, then salt and pepper. Throw on a hot grill and roll em around for a few minutes. Keep them a little crisp.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This is going to be a great thread. A big old fashioned Thanks.jpg to Gibbies!

That little icon brings back a few memories, eh!

I'll add a little trick here for those BBQ-ing steak or any of the flat cuts of meat; when the meat is done, spread a little garlic butter on the top and serve. If people in the crowd don't like the garlic aspect, just add the butter. Mmmmmmmm.....:BBQ:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard the butter or garlic butter idea. Just going to cook some smokies over the fire tonight since I have it going and haven't had them in awhile

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're about due for a pork roast at home I'll post up when I do it. Probably a honey dijon glaze.

Need to clean up my grill too as it's getting pretty grungy.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're about due for a pork roast at home I'll post up when I do it. Probably a honey dijon glaze.

Need to clean up my grill too as it's getting pretty grungy.

Post with directions I am hoping :) mmmmmm pork roast

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use hickory chunks in my q or on an open fire. The flavour is AMAZING

Deano

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i BBQ i get a aluminum tray put a bit of good olive oil in i use the Greek stuff salt pepper garlic then chop up onion bell peppers and mushrooms. leave them on there as long as i'm cooking it is an awesome side dish.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a couple of round steaks wasting space in the freezer. Definitely not a steak I enjoy, so I cooked them low and slow for a few hours. Ended up with pulled beef. Worked well for tortillias.

Whitecourt-20120610-00434_zps7626af15.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
biggest problem i have is remembering to get em ready that morning or the night before, seem to always have beer on hand, somewhere. even a few hours will work. even tried it on a roast, worked well, gotta be easy and not interested in much mixing as such,

Top Bottom