BB Playbook

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a BB Playbook. My eyes aren't what they use to be and I use my cell for a lot of technical information, spread sheets,etc. Being able to Bridge with my phone is going to be a god send. I wasn't expecting much for the price but this little thing rocks.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first post with it on S&M :cool: yep I'm going to like this!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheap at $150 and very good quality. Well worth it!

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hands on with the first release of the playbook and hated it... It was way too slow. I understand that they have made some significant improvements, but I don't see RIM around for long. Major layoffs, late to market for technology, inability to hold on to existing business doesn't make for a very good outlook. That said, it has taken RIM a very long time to try and turn things around. I think those problems have been at the heart of the organization, which they appear to be starting to address.

The device is selling (at $150.00) at about 250% below manufacturing cost just to get some user adoption. That can't last. Hope there continues to be support and updates for it.

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If any of you ever break the screen or have any problems let me know, i own a repair shop and would love to help you.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Bang for your buck I think they are great.. Faster than an I pad... not a chance! I think they are set up the same in the sense that if you own a blackberry you are better off with a playbook.. If you have an iphone get an I pad!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They work unbelievable together BB to BB. And tie in nicely with the PC. I just installed a Print to document program. ANY file I have on my PC I click print then select print to document instead of my default printer and poof the file is on mt Playbook through my Wifi. I'm forever downloading electrical schematics, parts manuals. etc. this feature alone to me is worth the purchase. Everything that is on my phone, which is synced to my PC is now on my Playbook. Calender, contacts. It's seamless and everything works. Some say the smaller screen is a strike against it but I don't. It fits in one hand and has a killer display.

Oh and just for fun this litle unit gives Ipad a HUGE run for its money in this Smake Down....
iPad 2 vs. PlayBook 2.0: Tablet Smack Down! | CrackBerry.com

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bang for your buck I think they are great.. Faster than an I pad... not a chance! I think they are set up the same in the sense that if you own a blackberry you are better off with a playbook.. If you have an iphone get an I pad!

Honestly i have both, and they both really do have their pro's and their cons. I think overall they score pretty evenly depending on the tasks you use it for. Playbook bang for your buck most definitely with the sale price lol

Top Bottom