Battery won't last a week.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I keep the key completely out of the ignition now, and it seems to be good. We'll see from here on out. Seems strange that I can't even leave the key in the ignition, although with all the theft going on as of late, it's probably a good idea anyway.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I keep the key completely out of the ignition now, and it seems to be good. We'll see from here on out. Seems strange that I can't even leave the key in the ignition, although with all the theft going on as of late, it's probably a good idea anyway.

picked my 13 up on the 29 of November from Bonnyville, loaded it on the truck. Never even touched it until this past Saturday (Dec 27), no issue AT ALL with the battery. It is NEVER kept with the key or tether on the machine.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a new battery from my dealer and she's right as rain now. Not a single issue in 6 weeks now.

I'm using a earth X battery and fixed my hand-warmer
battery went dead in a very short period of time charged it up and seams to be fine now
tested with meter didn't find anything weird
will be home thursday from camp 2 weeks
hoping it starts :confused:

catothom

Reaction score
I have a 13 ltd and I removed my battery after first season. I was sick and tired of having to take my key out, or my battery was dead after a few days of non riding. And after removing everything, I did put it on a scale to weigh it. 12 kg!

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I have a 13 ltd and I removed my battery after first season. I was sick and tired of having to take my key out, or my battery was dead after a few days of non riding. And after removing everything, I did put it on a scale to weigh it. 12 kg!

If you're gonna go without electric start now anyway, may as well pull the starter, ring gear and cables out too then. Probably another bunch of kg there.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a new battery!

my 14 sat from March till December.....started great

My 15 has sat for about a 2 week stretch between starts in a cold trailer.....starts up fine. Key on or off, tether in or out should not matter.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
get a new battery!

my 14 sat from March till December.....started great

My 15 has sat for about a 2 week stretch between starts in a cold trailer.....starts up fine. Key on or off, tether in or out should not matter.

Got a new battery from my dealer and she's right as rain now. Not a single issue in 6 weeks now.

Already done. And all perfect now. Thanks tho Cat. :)

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the earth X battery I have in my sled weights like 2 lbs it did cost about $400 though :rolleyes:

catothom

Reaction score
This was with everything :) Battery was 6 kg. Rest was starter engine, ring gear on the clutch, cables, brackets and so on. All 3 of the scales at my dealer did show 12 kg blank with everything needed.
BUT it is a pain in the but to remove everything! You have to take of seat, fuel tank, console, pipe, can, clutches, y-pipe, ecu, intake in front and more. There is a good 3-5 hours job at least, IF you are lucky to have the tools :)
I am glad a good friend of mine works at the dealers shop and got the starter kit with everything needed for the job of removing it! :)

Top Bottom