Battery drain

bailer

Reaction score
Any ideas what could be causing a drain on my battery?
Sled is e-start, standard guage so should have no draw while
sitting...
It ran great and battery was strong for week long trip, has sat in warm garage for a week since and battery is dead!
With the key, turned over half a turn maybe, now nothing. It pull starts and runs.

Thanks for any ideas....I suspect a short due to corrosion? but it could be as simple as a bad battery, however it has always seemed strong to this point.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any ideas what could be causing a drain on my battery?
Sled is e-start, standard guage so should have no draw while
sitting...
It ran great and battery was strong for week long trip, has sat in warm garage for a week since and battery is dead!
With the key, turned over half a turn maybe, now nothing. It pull starts and runs.

Thanks for any ideas....I suspect a short due to corrosion? but it could be as simple as a bad battery, however it has always seemed strong to this point.

Snowmobile/motorcycle batteries don't last very long. In most cases your lucky to get 3 seasons out of them.
Either way a quick easy test for a drain is to disconnect the positive terminal and put a test light between the battery terminal and the cable terminal clamp, run the test with all switches off.
If the test light comes on then yes there is a drain. If the light does not come on then no, there is no drain.
This needs to be done with a battery with power in it, a dead battery might not be enough to give you proper test results.
BTW, as you said there is nothing on your sled that will keep power on but a bad stator can drain a battery.

Last edited:

bailer

Reaction score
Well that was an easy one, battery tested good, so I just cleaned up the post connections and put some dialectic grease on them and all is good!!!
It had fooled me because of the partial crank it did before acting dead.
I have most connections greased on this sled but guess I missed the obvious ones!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that was an easy one, battery tested good, so I just cleaned up the post connections and put some dialectic grease on them and all is good!!!
It had fooled me because of the partial crank it did before acting dead.
I have most connections greased on this sled but guess I missed the obvious ones!

Check on Snowest as well. There have been several problems with some of the relays and corrosion potential.

Shawert

Reaction score
Yup what takethebounce said having relay issues getting all corroded up check Axys issues title as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has replaced them 2 times, and connector pins once

Even with dielectric grease, stupid place to put them

sent while drinking tea's

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree I have addressed this with my dealer hopefully they fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSSHHHHH......don't say fix it on an Axys thread......sounds too close to Fix Kit......oops damn I said it :nono:;)

Top Bottom