Baseline lookout tower

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road past the campground only goes up to the very first lease now. They reclaimed it all past that and it is almost impassable. The oil company did not leave any of the existing trail system that shared access with them. This all happened last fall... I'll post pics later. Maybe you already knew this... just sayin'
There is a couple of alternative routes in there but not for beginner riders.
Anywho...did we ever high jack the chit out of this thread :eek: :d

Well were still in the same general area:rolleyes: I haven't been out there since last Aug, have to find a new cell signal place I guess. Thanks for the info:beer:

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
99 Summitx, thanks again I am now in the ball park. I have the Garmin Topo Can v2, no roads in that area of the backcountry, the ibycus 2.0 beta, shows a trail, the 2.1 and the 3.0. witch show a road. but I like to highlight these with the route tool, but does not work with the ibycus program.

Sumx 54, I was thinking the same thing about the highjacking but it seems that it is all in the same area and it will be good for any one that has a GPS to know where to go. Sometimes I feel like Robin Hood,:eek: take form the ones that have, and share with the one's that have not.

Thanks guys, Bruce.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
The road past the campground only goes up to the very first lease now. They reclaimed it all past that and it is almost impassable. The oil company did not leave any of the existing trail system that shared access with them. This all happened last fall... I'll post pics later. Maybe you already knew this... just sayin'
There is a couple of alternative routes in there but not for beginner riders.
Anywho...did we ever high jack the chit out of this thread :eek: :d

Darcy,,,,,, isn't that the lease to the B.P. /Ammaco site way on top of the hill???Or am i way off?

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Darcy,,,,,, isn't that the lease to the B.P. /Ammaco site way on top of the hill???Or am i way off?

Yes you are correct.....All Gone Now... cats and hoes took the road out and left the old right away FULL of debris. You can get around some of it but eventually you end up having to sidehill 45 degree slopes covered in trees and ditches in places :eek: Not good.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Yes you are correct.....All Gone Now... cats and hoes took the road out and left the old right away FULL of debris. You can get around some of it but eventually you end up having to sidehill 45 degree slopes covered in trees and ditches in places :eek: Not good.

thats chitty it was a nice ride up to the top...Well head gone and everything...

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i can see crossing under that bridge may be a little tight for the old kawi

Does anyone have directions or GPS maps to the Baseline Tower from the well head 11km west of the Clearwater store (by Caroline) Caroline or the power line a little further down?

Top Bottom