Bargain Finder Scams!! watchout when buying/selling sled parts!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the first sentence of the email you can tell it's a scam right away, *hint* "I will buy this item from you".....lol....what kind of buyer would declare that in the first line of his email, without asking any legit questions?? Not only that, it sounds FOREIGN. I would have deleted this before going further. I now know how so many get scammed over the internet.....:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Not only that, but he wanted your zip code and state. :rolleyes:

Indy245

Reaction score
Had the same BS trying to buy Grey Cup tickets on Kijiji.

Same deal: wanted a wire transfer through western union, doesn't have a phone, can only use e-mail and on and on. The wife told him to take a hike and he started threatening her and told her he was coming for her. I got involved and politely asked him to give me a call on my number, of course he refused and then started threatening me. Got it all in an e-mail and it just so happens the wife's dad is RCMP.

It would be great to meet this douche face to face.:d

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen while trying to sell my truck! The guy told me he would pay me through paypal and arange all the shipping and stuff but when I started asking more questions his answers got short and then he stopped writing back. He was going to ship the truck to europe I guess needless to say does anyone wanna buy a truck LOL!

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know someone who got took for some cash on a sled with one of these scams.....Hard to believe but you cant trust no one these days

Relic

Reaction score
Had same thing happen on Kijiji trying to sell my sled. The email started the same and he wanted to pay by paypal .So that was good goy myself a paypail account ,then he wanted me to pay shipping by western union to some trucking company and he would put money in to my paypal account but would not phone me. So i said no and never heard from him again.

hihi962

Reaction score
He responded to my last email... still think he is not at all legitimate:

I just will like to let you know that I won't be able to book up an appointment. I know you would have prefer cash payment but then you need to understand that I am presently out of town for a seminar. I will want to assure you that there won't be any problem whatsoever regarding this mode of payment. You can count on me with trust and honesty. I will ask my accountant to mail out payment to you once i have your payment info. Then the shipping will be handle by my local shipping agent. I want you to be so understanding. Thanks.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same dude.........reported him to the Kijiji police.......nothing will happen

hihi962

Reaction score
well the very least I can do is waste more of his time... but unfortunately it's at the expense of my time too...
I did this once a while back to another guy trying to ask for a western union transfer, I googled to see what a wire transfer code looked like, then gave him a fake code and looked up a legitimate location near him and said I wired him the money.. by the sounds of his emails seems like I got him to go there twice checking for money that he didn't deserve.

Thats the only time I ever got 1 over on a crook.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the very least I can do is waste more of his time... but unfortunately it's at the expense of my time too...
I did this once a while back to another guy trying to ask for a western union transfer, I googled to see what a wire transfer code looked like, then gave him a fake code and looked up a legitimate location near him and said I wired him the money.. by the sounds of his emails seems like I got him to go there twice checking for money that he didn't deserve.

Thats the only time I ever got 1 over on a crook.

Excellent:specool:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get it - why such a big deal? Just tell him to send a certified cheque to his "local shipper" and you will pick it up when you drop the pipes off to the shipper once he gives you the name.....:rolleyes: If the cheque ever shows up that is..........

Tell him that's the deal, if he doesn't like it, find some other "item" to buy.

There is no Edward Hunk phone # listed in Vancouver - just FYI. ;)

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Alot of the time the purpose behind these scams isn't too steal your money or property. These guys are looking for identity's that they can steal to create fake credit cards, bank accounts...you name it. Face to face deals are still the best way to go.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this guy is a scam...similar thing happened to me when trying to rent out a room in my condo...the person was comming from england and wanted to send twice the amount i wanted for rent and dd.i thought it was really weirrd but the money came so i was like okay cool.western money order.tryed to cash it turned out to be counterfit..the next step if the thing cashed would have bin for them to ask me to send them there half of the money..they would have gotten there half and i would have bin out the half i sent them..you have a few choices..i asked a cop and he said i could call the fraud people (cops) and they would come take a statement from me ..i chose not too .Confronted the people in an email and never heard from them again.i ve bin approached twice more for the same add ,people with similar stories when i tell them i only deal with real people and cash money they dissapear for some strange reason.

Top Bottom