Baofeng UV82HP radio's now for sale

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats your thoughts Ray M on the 15w UV-9R baofeng??

Well from Baofeng website it is listed as 5 watts. I will have to check with my sales rep at the factory but pretty sure these are fake specs. The 8000ma battery seems pretty suspect too.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well from Baofeng website it is listed as 5 watts. I will have to check with my sales rep at the factory but pretty sure these are fake specs. The 8000ma battery seems pretty suspect too.
I think he is talking about the new UV-9R+

I'll take one if you can get them.
aad357ee2c3283f697971dc90f7f5873.jpg
3fb3b594be131ce851ed0111ba1ecf02.jpg
e98c702bb7c0fd822bd8b2cd9535bbb7.jpg
394613157177858319135f3d7bdfd062.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I am. Thanks for the clarification.

I am interested in this new radio. I have others in my group now interested in the radio im using. Our group split up today and some rode Eagles pass and we rode Frisby. The group in Eagles pass could hear me calling out to my brother when We we in Frisby. Im super happy with with this radio setup you sold me Ray.

Last edited:

Summitdoorule

Reaction score
Some what misleading??? Pretty sure its max 8 watt VHF and 7 watt UHF... Not sure who would advertise it as a 15 watt, when it really isn't...

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some what misleading??? Pretty sure its max 8 watt VHF and 7 watt UHF... Not sure who would advertise it as a 15 watt, when it really isn't...

If you buy enough you can do a "private label" and they will print anything on the box you want. I have seen Icom on the boxes of some UV-5R before.
And surprisingly enough there are fake baofeng out there. I will get some clarification from the factory next week.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is two different models tho.
UV-9R (8W)
UV-9R+ (15W)

Time will tell if it's fake news or not.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a post from one of the guy that writes the chirp software.

Jim Unroe
As far as I know, the UV-9R is variant of the so-called "waterproof" radios like the UV-82WP, GT-3WP, BF-A58, etc. which are basically a UV-5R in a different case. So not ignoring the case, they are the same. The major difference is the connector for the programming cable. The UV-5R uses the common Kenwood 2-pin style plug and the UV-9R uses the less common connector used by the previously mentioned radios.

Personally, like Felix Pdx, I would choose the UV-82 series (UV-82, UV-82C or UV-82HP but not the UV-82WP) or like Rick Hamann, I would choose the UV-5X3.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Jim Unroe
As far as I know, the UV-9R is variant of the so-called "waterproof" radios like the UV-82WP, GT-3WP, BF-A58, etc. which are basically a UV-5R in a different case. So not ignoring the case, they are the same. The major difference is the connector for the programming cable. The UV-5R uses the common Kenwood 2-pin style plug and the UV-9R uses the less common connector used by the previously mentioned radios.

Personally, like Felix Pdx, I would choose the UV-82 series (UV-82, UV-82C or UV-82HP but not the UV-82WP) or like Rick Hamann, I would choose the UV-5X3.
Hmm, no mention of the UV-9R plus.
Must have been a hoax then?

blindman

Reaction score
Thank you Ray, got the radios yesterday. now just need to learn how they work. lol
should help us getting up to the riding areas with the logging around sic.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Chris

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Jim Unroe

https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/s/item/..._id=eec81a69597b4cf49cadd168a0180ecc#autostay

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New stock just came in. If anyone wants some I can ship out Tuesday. Send me an email with how many you want and your mailing address and I will email you back a total amount

knh208

Reaction score
My group tried out our radios for the first time. They work so well.

Battery life is amazing. Out all day riding in -20 C. Battery still shows full.

Channel selection is great. Anything but aviation frequencies.

Mic works well. Good sound quality. Nice big button to use with gloves on.

These radios are awesome. Thanks Ray!

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats your thoughts Ray M on the 15w UV-9R baofeng??

Here is the reply from my Baofeng Rep

3.I have checked the product as the link, 15watt is not the radio made by our company.
we make 5watt for the waterproof radio.
some customers will make and re-paste the lables by themselves.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the reply from my Baofeng Rep

3.I have checked the product as the link, 15watt is not the radio made by our company.
we make 5watt for the waterproof radio.
some customers will make and re-paste the lables by themselves.
Perfect, good to know. Thx

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ray M is it possible to get a radio programed with all of the BCA channels including the privacy channels???
The one issue i did run into in revy is the radio receives so well it picks up chatter and gets irritating. I swear i was picking up the ski hill and side band freqs from others using close to the same channels. So far Ive used this radio exclusively with rino and BCA radios and the group is forced to use the channels I have, and I dont have the flexibility of changing to their channels.
Im not sure how much room is left in the programming, but having a second unit I'm thinking programed with more the BCA channels is appealing to me for the groups I ride with.

Last edited:

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ray M is it possible to get a radio programed with all of the BCA channels including the privacy channels???
The one issue i did run into in revy is the radio receives so well it picks up chatter and gets irritating. I swear i was picking up the ski hill and side band freqs from others using close to the same channels. So far Ive used this radio exclusively with rino and BCA radios and the group is forced to use the channels I have. Im not sure how much room is left in the programming, but having a second unit I'm thinking programed with more the gmrs channels is appealing to me for the groups I ride with.

There are 22 channels and 38 codes so if you wanted everyone programed in you would need 836 channels. The 6 factory set BCA channels start at 100, four have codes set. That is why FRS radio are limited to to 1 watt and why they are really only recommended for ski hills and shopping malls so other people that are a few Km away won't be picking up your signal. If you want to program in something different here is a good vid. Best to have your guys buy a real radio

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can also try turning the squelch up. It is menu 0, When I send them out I have they set at 3

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can also try turning the squelch up. It is menu 0, When I send them out I have they set at 3

Thankyou there is so many features on this unit I didnt know I could do that. I need to reread the manual.

Top Bottom