Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ray
are we suppose to use ear piece in helmet, or is there a mic we can use. Thx

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any chance (and how much) for just the programmed radio and antenna shipped? I sold my Rino last week.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ray
are we suppose to use ear piece in helmet, or is there a mic we can use. Thx

Some guys have used the earpiece in the helmet but to finicky for me. Did you not get shoulder mic?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any chance (and how much) for just the programmed radio and antenna shipped? I sold my Rino last week.

They are not very convenient to use sledding without a shoulder mic, but I guess the rino wasn't either. I will send you a pm

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am testing some new mics as I think that is the weakest link in the package so far. I did a water shower test by holding all of them under a shower head for 5 minutes. I then checked them for both transmitting and receiving. After that I packed the front of them with wet snow and tested again. The one on the left has a switch on the top where you can cut the volume in half. I know when my sled is off the speaker can be pretty loud and I normally just put a free hand over it to muffle it but that doesn't work if you are changing a belt etc. It preformed the best out of all of them but when I opened it up there was water inside. I am going to have to check it again as it has a pretty good seal on the cover and when I filled the inside up with water it didn't leak out. Possible that the cover wasn't screwed down tight enough. It also is the only one that has a typar type vent hole but it didn't leak at that spot when tested. The next one over is the same style as the Btech ones I am selling now which are both copies of a motorola style. It is rated waterproof and has a better seal than the btech and was still dry inside when I opened it up. The next one has the highest waterproof rating and was again dry inside. The btech one is only rated as water resistance and there was a bit of water inside when opened up. It had the lowest speaker volume. The other 3 were about 63 db when listening to FM radio vs about 55 with the btech and the speaker need to be blown clear of water to get that where the others didn't really need it. With all the mics if there was water on the mic hole it needed to be blown out to be clear.The one on the left would be about 35 buck more than the btech, the next one the same and the other big one about 5 bucks more.

I would like to get some input from guys using them now for which ones or a selection of mics I should order.

23916684_789499757917906_6361060796281121743_o.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am testing some new mics as I think that is the weakest link in the package so far. I did a water shower test by holding all of them under a shower head for 5 minutes. I then checked them for both transmitting and receiving. After that I packed the front of them with wet snow and tested again. The one on the left has a switch on the top where you can cut the volume in half. I know when my sled is off the speaker can be pretty loud and I normally just put a free hand over it to muffle it but that doesn't work if you are changing a belt etc. It preformed the best out of all of them but when I opened it up there was water inside. I am going to have to check it again as it has a pretty good seal on the cover and when I filled the inside up with water it didn't leak out. Possible that the cover wasn't screwed down tight enough. It also is the only one that has a typar type vent hole but it didn't leak at that spot when tested. The next one over is the same style as the Btech ones I am selling now which are both copies of a motorola style. It is rated waterproof and has a better seal than the btech and was still dry inside when I opened it up. The next one has the highest waterproof rating and was again dry inside. The btech one is only rated as water resistance and there was a bit of water inside when opened up. It had the lowest speaker volume. The other 3 were about 63 db when listening to FM radio vs about 55 with the btech and the speaker need to be blown clear of water to get that where the others didn't really need it. With all the mics if there was water on the mic hole it needed to be blown out to be clear.The one on the left would be about 35 buck more than the btech, the next one the same and the other big one about 5 bucks more.

I would like to get some input from guys using them now for which ones or a selection of mics I should order.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b7a1b805a0a6c52c94962d20f90b7e53&oe=5AD60C64
I like the BTech style ones, the more waterproof the better. (I have never had a problem with the Btech.)

What if you had China make you a frog skin for the BTech?

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the second one from the left looks the nicest and small, so what one you say is best bang for your $$$ I'll read post again. Yes I got clip and ear piece, so where does sound come from if I don't use ear piece, lol
I would get a mic , don't like something squeezing in my ear under helmet

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad, I was so excited to unpack my radio I didn't see the mic under the radio box, lol so yes I do have the mic. Thx again

Quattroman

Reaction score
Im using the third one in, with dual key and aux plug in the bottom of the mic, have been using them for a few years now, and no issues seeing how cheap they were, its nice to have dual keys to be able to talk on 2 different channels. Usually have the main group on the one channel and the wife on the other when she needs alittle coaching or encouragement

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dual key mic would be nice.
So far the btec is working good for me. If you think there is a better mic. Ill get one from you.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im using the third one in, with dual key and aux plug in the bottom of the mic, have been using them for a few years now, and no issues seeing how cheap they were, its nice to have dual keys to be able to talk on 2 different channels. Usually have the main group on the one channel and the wife on the other when she needs alittle coaching or encouragement

The only mic I have seen with Dual channel PTT is the Baofeng one that doesn't get a very good rating. Where did you get yours? The 3rd one in my pic above is only the standard single channel PTT.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe I have “anytone” brand mic’s.

They have worked great for the last few years and have been decent quality for the cheap cost. Only a single button version and I think I only paid about 25$ for them. They are a few years old now. I have 5 radios.

I need to go through a test them all as I believe I might have a couple failing. They have been abused when I let the kids play with them on camping trips.

Had No issues with snow in them.

I also have a two button mic but unsure what brand. It’s quality is really cheap and I never use it.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe I have “anytone” brand mic’s.

They have worked great for the last few years and have been decent quality for the cheap cost. Only a single button version and I think I only paid about 25$ for them. They are a few years old now. I have 5 radios.

I need to go through a test them all as I believe I might have a couple failing. They have been abused when I let the kids play with them on camping trips.

Had No issues with snow in them.

I also have a two button mic but unsure what brand. It’s quality is really cheap and I never use it.

Anytone and Btech are the same company, I am not sure who actually makes them for them. The only dual PTT I have seen is the baofeng branded ones but I am not sure baofeng actually makes them. I here the quality is pretty cheap.

Quattroman

Reaction score
The only mic I have seen with Dual channel PTT is the Baofeng one that doesn't get a very good rating. Where did you get yours? The 3rd one in my pic above is only the standard single channel PTT.

Im using the newer version (more roundish design) Baofeng dual channel mics on both my UV82's and despite mixed reviews they have worked great. Got em off Amazon. I had the older (squarish) versions with the pair of UV5R's I used to use and yes, they were terrible.

If I found a better option for dual channel PTT, I would consider it. But to me, no point in having a dual channel radio if you only have a single channel mic.

Top Bottom