Baja 1000 Race is being run as we speak...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't know if even anybody cares but i am friends with Mike Penland ( Can-am Pro Racer ) and he just started the baja 1000 mile annual race (world famous race)..... This is 1852 km in 3 days.. we should plan a trip like that, No? ....lmao...need to hit the gym if i ever did a ride that long! ...lol..
and a team of 3 gets 3 days to complete it.. Mike is running his Outlander in this race and not a sxs.. He has won it 5 times now and the man is 60 years old!

His daughter, Sarah is keeping us all updated on the race and today was the first update since Penland started.. His other rider took over and now there on the 3rd rider.. Mike
will be the next to take over.. as of now they are in the lead...

ill keep you guys updated if you want to know what happens....

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, I thought I was doing pretty good putting on 100km in one day lol. Mind you I probably stop for refreshments a tiny bit more often.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Kool......we were just down on the baja on the south tip at cabo ;) ...... There was lots of action in the 4x4 shops and motorbike shops, with building/repairing/preparing rigs for the big race

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume there is somewhere we can watch it? Do they have coverage through the night too?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its an unreal race thats forsure! my good friend derek sproule races his pre runner chevy down there and does a bunch of other races we are all routing him on wishing we could be there but maybe next year.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there was another update.. they had a few minor problems with a hole burnt in the gas tank and a rad.... then i read already on one of my gncc friends down east that they had motor trouble and out of the race.. so not sure whats true right now.. hopefully should know soon...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, i guess they are out of the race.. about 1/2 way thru they were.. had radiator problems which lead to engine problems.. they also had a small hole in the gas tank from the extreme heat in the dessert

so out early this year.. kinda sucks man.. Penland has 5 baja 1000 tiltles to his name...

bailer

Reaction score
If you guys are into that stuff I would highly recommend doing one of the Wide Open Baja tours. A group of us went down a few years ago and had the time of our life. I'm more into bikes and wasn't that excited about the cars before the trip, but couldn't believe the stuff those score cars can do. Hitting washouts at 85mph is a whole new experience. Huge fun and then we flew back into Cabo and partied. The old school buddies still knew how to have a good time lol.

Top Bottom