Bad Quad Accident in Redwater

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Info is scetchy but heard there was an accicent in Redwater,Two people doubling on a road and lost it.One critical,One unhurt.Can anyone elaborate on this.
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When will people figure it out,Helmits save lives!
catmando!

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
if they werent wearing helmets they were also breaking the law. so double wammy against our community again. even without the laws it is common sense. if you cant ride a peddle bike without a helmet why would you drive a quad without one.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i saw a fella riden a quad down the Devon hi-way on the shoulder of the road with NO helmet on going as fast as that outtie 800 would take him. i pointed to my head signifying "wheres your helmet" as he past by and all i got for my trouble was a middle finger. i wish the laws of fate had come around just then and he lost control and whiped out, ild have walked over to him laughed and walked away

AC4life

Reaction score
can-do, by you saying that you have lowered yourself to his level. Good for you! You never wish that upon someone. Obviously you have never been in an accident that has threatened your life, cause i know if you had or someone close to you had you would not be saying such an ignorant thing. I agree that ppl need to smarten up and put there lids on tho!!

Quadster

Reaction score
can-do, by you saying that you have lowered yourself to his level. Good for you! You never wish that upon someone. Obviously you have never been in an accident that has threatened your life, cause i know if you had or someone close to you had you would not be saying such an ignorant thing. I agree that ppl need to smarten up and put there lids on tho!![/QUote

that is crazy.. i wont go on anything like that wéo no helmet.. not good

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and I were quadding up in Candle lake this weekend and came across a group of 5 quads, none of of the riders had helmets or even shirts on and one was even doubling. All of them were over 700cc quads, when we stopped to ask why they didnt have helmets on, we were told to mind our own bussiness... ( not quit that polite) How do you get across to these people that will only ruin our sport???

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did ya stop at the Ships Lantern for some fish and chips and a :beer:?

LOL Not that time..... been known to stop there for a beer or two in the past.... I do miss the old Ships lantern though.... It was so much better there before it burnt down.....

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if they werent wearing helmets they were also breaking the law. so double wammy against our community again. even without the laws it is common sense. if you cant ride a peddle bike without a helmet why would you drive a quad without one.

The law does not require a helmet to ride a quad. Only if a specific municipality creates a bylaw is it required. Also, you do not need to wear a helmet to ride a pedal bike, so quit spreading misinformation. I'd be surprised if the entire ATV community has your self righteous attitude.:nono:

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
The law does not require a helmet to ride a quad. Only if a specific municipality creates a bylaw is it required. Also, you do not need to wear a helmet to ride a pedal bike, so quit spreading misinformation. I'd be surprised if the entire ATV community has your self righteous attitude.:nono:

lol. it is against the law to ride without a helmet if it is a bylaw in that municipality. a law is a law and if you dont follow it your breaking the law. here is a link with the link to the laws/bylaws in that municipality.

and it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to ride a peddle bike without a helmet. sorry i didnt clarify that for you. i assumed everyone knew this. my bad.:rolleyes:

as for my "self rightous attitude" i know the entire atv community doesnt think the same as me, alot do but just dont voice it. too bad really, because if they did we wouldnt be hearing about as many "accidents" like these and the AOHVA wouldnt be begging for more members. arent you tired of getting the dirty looks because we are all grouped in with these idiots who ride without helmets, or while drunk, or too many people on a quad, or without spotters etc... and then kill themselves or even worse somebody else. i am tired of people being shocked that i let my children ride "dangerous" ohv's. and i am tired of the government looking into making laws to further regulate my activities( but i do support it if it even prevents one death like this). i am tired of reading about these "accidents" in the paper and on sites like these. i am tired of HAVING to give my money to organizations to fight on my behalf and these morons behalves to be able to have the privelege to ride. and you know what, i am really tired of having to say "my condolences to the family and friends for thier loss". especially after reading that it was speeding, no helmet, drinking, etc.... and was completely preventable.

as for me speaking my mind when it comes to these things i am a paid member of the AOHVA. i vote in provincial, federal and local elections. and i follow the laws/bylaws so i have earned the right to speak my mind and will continue to do so.

Last edited:

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol. It is against the law to ride without a helmet if it is a bylaw in that municipality. A law is a law and if you dont follow it your breaking the law. Here is a link with the link to the laws/bylaws in that municipality.

and it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to ride a peddle bike without a helmet. Sorry i didnt clarify that for you. I assumed everyone knew this. My bad.:rolleyes:

As for my "self rightous attitude" i know the entire atv community doesnt think the same as me, alot do but just dont voice it. Too bad really, because if they did we wouldnt be hearing about as many "accidents" like these and the aohva wouldnt be begging for more members. Arent you tired of getting the dirty looks because we are all grouped in with these idiots who ride without helmets, or while drunk, or too many people on a quad, or without spotters etc... And then kill themselves or even worse somebody else. I am tired of people being shocked that i let my children ride "dangerous" ohv's. And i am tired of the government looking into making laws to further regulate my activities( but i do support it if it even prevents one death like this). I am tired of reading about these "accidents" in the paper and on sites like these. I am tired of having to give my money to organizations to fight on my behalf and these morons behalves to be able to have the privelege to ride. And you know what, i am really tired of having to say "my condolences to the family and friends for thier loss". Especially after reading that it was speeding, no helmet, drinking, etc.... And was completely preventable.

As for me speaking my mind when it comes to these things i am a paid member of the aohva. I vote in provincial, federal and local elections. And i follow the laws/bylaws so i have earned the right to speak my mind and will continue to do so.

well said..........

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol. it is against the law to ride without a helmet if it is a bylaw in that municipality. a law is a law and if you dont follow it your breaking the law. here is a link with the link to the laws/bylaws in that municipality.

and it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to ride a peddle bike without a helmet. sorry i didnt clarify that for you. i assumed everyone knew this. my bad.:rolleyes:

as for my "self rightous attitude" i know the entire atv community doesnt think the same as me, alot do but just dont voice it. too bad really, because if they did we wouldnt be hearing about as many "accidents" like these and the AOHVA wouldnt be begging for more members. arent you tired of getting the dirty looks because we are all grouped in with these idiots who ride without helmets, or while drunk, or too many people on a quad, or without spotters etc... and then kill themselves or even worse somebody else. i am tired of people being shocked that i let my children ride "dangerous" ohv's. and i am tired of the government looking into making laws to further regulate my activities( but i do support it if it even prevents one death like this). i am tired of reading about these "accidents" in the paper and on sites like these. i am tired of HAVING to give my money to organizations to fight on my behalf and these morons behalves to be able to have the privelege to ride. and you know what, i am really tired of having to say "my condolences to the family and friends for thier loss". especially after reading that it was speeding, no helmet, drinking, etc.... and was completely preventable.

as for me speaking my mind when it comes to these things i am a paid member of the AOHVA. i vote in provincial, federal and local elections. and i follow the laws/bylaws so i have earned the right to speak my mind and will continue to do so.

Just because I don't belong to a "club" does not mean I do not have the right to speak my mind (I hope that's not what you are getting at) and club members are not the only responsible riders. I also vote in the elections, pay taxes, etc., so I will continue to speak my mind against more legislation in this country that restricts our right to make choices for ourselves. I don't disagree that riding with a helmet on is safer than without. But I want the right to make that decision for myself. It's called freedom. I don't want the government always telling me what is best for me. I'm a big boy, I can and should have the right to do that for myself. If I get hurt, I'll have no one to blame but myself. Furthermore, your earlier post that talked about the fact that they were not wearing helmets so they were breaking the law. I heard nothing about "condolences" or such for those hurt, so your comments about "condolences" rings hollow. You have a right to your views, but I don't believe you should be trying to force your views (through legislation) on everyone else.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and I were quadding up in Candle lake this weekend and came across a group of 5 quads, none of of the riders had helmets or even shirts on and one was even doubling. All of them were over 700cc quads, when we stopped to ask why they didnt have helmets on, we were told to mind our own bussiness... ( not quit that polite) How do you get across to these people that will only ruin our sport???

Tell me Redrum, why is the fact that they did not have shirts on a bother to you? Do you want a law requiring people to wear shirts while riding ATVs also? Do you need the government to regulate your life for you? I don't, but I know there are people out there that feel they need the government to look after them from birth until death. Are you one of those people? I'm not surprised you got the reaction you did. Do you also go around asking people why they smoke? My point is, while it is obviously safer to ride with a helmet, that choice should be made by that individual, not you. That's why you were told to mind your own business. You're intentions may have been good, but I'm not sure. As for ruining the sport, how about "club" members that simply don't know how to ride and have accidents (while riding helmets) because they are simply not that bright? They don't make the sport look good either. Its people that that cut fences, drive on private property without permission, leave garbage, etc. that are giving the sport more of a black eye than riders without helmets. If you think that riding without a shirt or helmet is ruining the sport, then the sport is doomed and we may as well just burn our ATVs because there will be no riding and no one to sell them to.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I just ask WHY people do not like wearing hemets ??? There are so many different types ou there to choose from I am sure you could find one right for you.

It is like having sex without a condom. YEAH sure feels a lot better but could end up costing you in the long run

MY 2C

Top Bottom