bad day for buddies summit

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We had our '04 summit park brake left on and caused parts to melt and caused a fire, and the fuel line is there close too..... We did have a bit of a hard time putting it out, but it stalled and then a little smoke was coming out through the pull cord/handle area, so we caught it early enough...... Minimal damage, but took some elbow grease and rewiring and a few new parts and it's still going strong!!!

Tough luck on that one, but insurance is a good thing to have

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3rd picture looks like the brake is on. What I don't get is the 3rd pic there is no fire and the sled is intact. with snow on it. the other pictures show it burnt up. something doesnt look right.

i would finish it off as well.... dont want to chance it on being salvageable.

DooSummit

Reaction score
The parking brake is definitely the culprit here, in the 4th picture you can see it is locked on right before the fire flares back up. I would assume the fire flared back up due to the fuel line being melted from the intense heat the brake was putting off. I am of course speaking from experience. Had the same thing happen to me a few years back and made the mistake of putting out the fire as quick as we could. The repair costs were pegged at around 3800 on an 06 summit, the sled was worth 7000 at the time. My insurance company tried their best to have the sled repaired, but i gave them enough of a headach they ended up cutting a check for $7000.00 and waived my deductible. Good to hear he had insurance.........couldn't imagine not insuring something that you will more than likely have to make a claim one day.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
left inside leg .. not sure what side the brakes are on the sled.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ram4tow, was that on the Groundhog/Salmon Lake trail at km 9 two weeks ago ? We saw the burnt remains of a Doo there when we came back from Salmon.

Top Bottom