Bad, bad accident, stratchcona county

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At approximately 1:30 pm today I was coming home from cleaning the Snow Angels parking lot, I came upon a bad accident on RR213 just south of Twp Rd 542.........2 ambulances.......when I got there the emergency responders were just pulling a snowmobiler out from under a truck. didnt talk to anyone, they were all busy. looks like the sledder was crossing the road, or trying to and got smoked. Looks like the area of some locals trail. NOT ASA trail. there is usually some ribbon tied to the willows in this area every year. Ambulance didnt seem to be in any kind of hurry to leave..........didnt look good, but I hope no one was badly injured. any one eles hear anything or have more information???????

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw on the news the other night there was another one (forget where North of Edmonton) where somone was test driving a sled, hit a fence and passed away. Lets be carefull out there everyone...

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw on the news the other night there was another one (forget where North of Edmonton) where somone was test driving a sled, hit a fence and passed away. Lets be carefull out there everyone...
That was Grand Praire..

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not a good start to the season. We are so focused on Avalanche safety now after last year we cant forget at home areas that we still need to practice safe riding styles here.
Sorry to hear that this has happened here in such a ANTI-Snowmobile county. This will fuel the fire for the snowmobile ban.

Sure hope this isnt as bad as thought.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow really? do you know any more details about that blast off.. Its so sad hope everyones ok badmonkey:mad:
Man dies while taking snowmobile for a test drive
By SUN MEDIA

Last Updated: 6th December 2009, 5:27am
Email StoryPrintSize A A AReport TypoShare with:
FacebookDiggDel.icio.usGoogleStumble UponNewsvineRedditTechnoratiFeed MeYahooSimpySquidooSpurlBlogmarksNetvouzScuttleSitejot+ What are these? .A 21-year-old Grande Prairie man was killed Friday after the snowmobile he was test driving plowed into a wire fence in a field, say police.

At 9:30 p.m., RCMP said responded reports of a crash in the area of 132 Avenue, four miles east of Grande Prairie, between range roads 54 and 55.

Witnesses told police the man was considering buying a snowmobile off another male at a house party and wanted to test drive the vehicle before making a decision.

The 21-year-old took off on the snowmobile with a 25-year-old man riding a snowboard attached to the vehicle by a tow rope.

Police said the 21-year-old reportedly did not see the fence and slammed into it.

The 25-year-old, who was not injured, went to seek help and returned to the scene with several other people.

Paramedics administered first aid and took the 21-year-old man to hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. His name was not released.

Police are investigating.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a quick question, Approx where is 542, from Uncas School. The reason I am asking, I have some good friends there, and don't want to call to find out bad news.

Please, and Thank you

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question, Approx where is 542, from Uncas School. The reason I am asking, I have some good friends there, and don't want to call to find out bad news.

Please, and Thank you

uncas is on 524, the accident was on 542....way north of uncas

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well just watched the news 30 year old guy got killed at this accident sad sad:(:( condolence to the family very hard time just before christmas

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not good news. Global has confirmed he has passed away...

Sooo sooo sad for this guy and his family. It makes my heart do a little shudder. You never know, he could've been a regular on this thread. Pray for him. For his family. For all of us sledders and most of all, for safety out there on the trail and mountains and roads.

sleddude

Reaction score
At approximately 1:30 pm today I was coming home from cleaning the Snow Angels parking lot, I came upon a bad accident on RR213 just south of Twp Rd 542.........2 ambulances.......when I got there the emergency responders were just pulling a snowmobiler out from under a truck. didnt talk to anyone, they were all busy. looks like the sledder was crossing the road, or trying to and got smoked. Looks like the area of some locals trail. NOT ASA trail. there is usually some ribbon tied to the willows in this area every year. Ambulance didnt seem to be in any kind of hurry to leave..........didnt look good, but I hope no one was badly injured. any one eles hear anything or have more information???????

Unfortunately this was a fatal accident. Best wishes to the Penhale family for the loss of Donny.

Top Bottom