Back to Can-am...

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
Well some of you know me from other forums I was a can-am guy for alot of years and then I went to the popo side. last year. well Im selling my rzr as some of you have seen and Im back into a commander. I got (what I think) is a great deal on a 2012 XT1000 commander so I had to do it. I have had no issues with my rzr-s I love my rzr-s but I just missed can-am. If anyone is looking for a rzr I highly recommend them, great machine.

here is what Im buying. deals done and I pick it up on Tuesday next week Im hoping.

here are the mods

- Sport roof
- Pro Armour door kit
- 1/2 windshield
- Front bash plate
- Rock sliders
- Front extreme bumper
- Rad gaurd
- 1" front and .75" rear spring spacers
- Heavy duty tie rod sleeves
- Fan over ride switch
- Ram spot light
- Billet shifter
- PPSM Snorkel kit ( Krylon painted Olive Green )
- Rear wind screen
- Rear storage box
- Gun boot and gear rail
- Spare tire carrier with 2" hitch reciever w/ spare tire/rim combo
- 29.5" Terms on 14" M12 Black wheels
- CVTech primary clutch
- And many other small and meticulous details, with other mods completed since pictures were taken.

2rcpuva.jpg

ioi45x.jpg

let me know what you think

thanks

Stiff

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K from what I have seen of a 1grand commander its not the best.

Now that thing looks sick. Bet its like a hole new utv

sent from my htc

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks awesome! there are a couple other things you might want to consider if they haven't already been done, the tranny vent line has a one way check valve that will let air vent out but not in, remove that check valve and re-route the hose up to the level of your snorkels. if you are riding in deep water, when the trans hits the water and cools off it will suck water in thru your output seals and contaminate your tranny oil. also if it doesn't have one, get the K&T black box or a Muzzy black box, they remove the "shaft saver" function that cuts out the throttle when excessive wheelspin is detected. do not try to do a donut without one, it will cause you to roll it when the throttle chops off automatically. the "sport mode in low range" is also a pretty cool mod, gives you wicked throttle response in low and deletes the speed limiter giving you another 10 mph in low range. check out commanderforums.org there is plenty of great info from guys that have modded the snot outta these things and broken pretty much every part that can be broken. power steering is also a pretty awesome mod, there is a deal on that forum for members and they will ship via USPS. cost $840 all in to get it to my post office.

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
looks awesome! there are a couple other things you might want to consider if they haven't already been done, the tranny vent line has a one way check valve that will let air vent out but not in, remove that check valve and re-route the hose up to the level of your snorkels. if you are riding in deep water, when the trans hits the water and cools off it will suck water in thru your output seals and contaminate your tranny oil. also if it doesn't have one, get the K&T black box or a Muzzy black box, they remove the "shaft saver" function that cuts out the throttle when excessive wheelspin is detected. do not try to do a donut without one, it will cause you to roll it when the throttle chops off automatically. the "sport mode in low range" is also a pretty cool mod, gives you wicked throttle response in low and deletes the speed limiter giving you another 10 mph in low range. check out commanderforums.org there is plenty of great info from guys that have modded the snot outta these things and broken pretty much every part that can be broken. power steering is also a pretty awesome mod, there is a deal on that forum for members and they will ship via USPS. cost $840 all in to get it to my post office.

Thanks for the info. Will be looking into it.

;)

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love that machine. What was your OTD cost? I think it is still a bit much for me at this point but maybe some day.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking machine. Keep us posted on how it performs. I will be interested in how the suspension and power handles those tires. I'm still loving my rzr 900 but it's good to know how other machines perform because you never know some day a guy might just go from a poo-poo to a can-am right? :)

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
OTD cost was around 23000 ish. Manager told me around 27-28000+tax would be invoice price with all adds.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Expensive but considering all the mods and what the ltd goes for not a bad deal. I love the looks of it.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wicked rig! i wouldnt trade my 900xp in for one. but yours looks like it will be good in the mud.

Top Bottom