axys front end anyone change controle arms or spindles ??

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Axys seems to he a big improvement over the pro I like the sled but it's not as good as I expected or would like in the handling department when you compair it to a XM. I have both and the Xm is much easier to ride takes half the rider input to change direction side hill or turn back up. First issure I had with the axys is the bars are exteamly low added a 2" riser and made a big difference but still has a wide front end. I fell that the front end is so far out their and so wide it takes alot more rider input and effort the harder you ride it the better it is bit still it's way lighter then my xm's but when riding feels like it's 50-100 pounds heavier. The front end is wide even on the narrow setting it's like 3 inches wider then door or cat t feels like a trail seld it's not nimble as it should be. Coming down dill and carving on the doo you literally sift yiu weight and it goes where ever you want the polaris needs alot more input to change direction and to pull into a side hill. Now I'm not totally hating the sled it climbs good and is nice and narrow and rider position is ok so before I just dump.it has anyone done the narrow controle arms and if so how much differwnce does it make ??? I'm not trying to start a argument so I don't need everyone brand loyal opinions but we did share the sled around and lots of guys rode it and everyone had the smell feeling about it

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After 3 straight XM's and not liking the Axys at first, i found it requires different body input rather than more. If you ride the Axys like an XM it will be harder to ride. Its hard to sit here and type out the different input required but after 1100 miles i feel more confident on the poo. I think it just takes some more seat time and consistency on the same machine.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's possible I just find if I want to pull it in to tue hill or change direction going down hill it's not that easy to do.up hill on the throttle is fine just down hill te doo I can have one foot on each side and just lean my body it goes easier the polaris you need to be off one side and it makes my arms tired from riding it where the doo I can do 8 or 9 days in a row and don't get sore or tired bring a tank or more a day

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's possible I just find if I want to pull it in to tue hill or change direction going down hill it's not that easy to do.up hill on the throttle is fine just down hill te doo I can have one foot on each side and just lean my body it goes easier the polaris you need to be off one side and it makes my arms tired from riding it where the doo I can do 8 or 9 days in a row and don't get sore or tired bring a tank or more a day

I will agree that they are not as smooth at down hill maneuvers. That is one thing the Doo shines at.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think A arms would really help it and probably beefed up from the ****ty factory crap anyway

bailer

Reaction score
I had exactly the same experience. I really liked how my XM effortlessly carved back up hill.
My Axys reminded me of my old XP. I put 36" arms on it at the end of my season, so I haven't tried it yet, but it is obviously improved. It is sitting 4"' narrower (39.25" to 35.25) with 1" more ground clearance due to the arched design.

I went with Zbroz 36" arms with ball joints installed, Zbroz bushings, Zbroz spindles and Exit shocks. Sitting on the garage floor, it feels like my Xm, rolls up on its edge so easily. I also installed an Iceage ProMotion rear link. It also made a noticeable difference, requires no drilling, and is very well made.

image.jpg

Last edited:

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did that cost you in total ? I put a pro motion in a artic cat pro climb before and it made a really big differwnce

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

bailer

Reaction score
What did that cost you in total ? I put a pro motion in a artic cat pro climb before and it made a really big differwnce

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

It added up pretty quick but I am happy that it really changed the feel the way I hoped it would.
It feels like a lighter, slimmer version of my XM now!
The currency exchange really makes things expensive. The shipping and customs were not too bad because Zbroz use Fedex.

I ordered the arms, ball joints and bushings first, and then the spindles and Exit X0's so I'm not positive on the total but right around $3k.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Pro-Ride spindles work better on the AXYS for control. There is much less feedback on the side hill. IMHO.

Anyway offset Pro-Ride are even better but I am afraid I am out of stock and not sure I can find a machinist to make me more.

Attachments

• 20150921_140348_resized.jpg
    20150921_140348_resized.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 551

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i did the 36" z bros kit and man what a difference i went from considering selling this sled and having to ski doo's to im ordering a turbo cuz this sled is ****ing awesome the 36 inch kit rocks in ever situation so far let another guy whos a t year polaris rider ride it a few days and he couldnt say enough good about it

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i did the 36" z bros kit and man what a difference i went from considering selling this sled and having to ski doo's to im ordering a turbo cuz this sled is ****ing awesome the 36 inch kit rocks in ever situation so far let another guy whos a t year polaris rider ride it a few days and he couldnt say enough good about it

Good to hear, I have a trip next week, will be my first chance to try my 36" zbros on my 2016 axys.

Top Bottom