Axles aren't covered by warranty?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the other day i stopped in at the Can-am, Polaris and, KTM dealer in Brooks to see if they had any new 1000's and got to BSing with the salesman. Apparently Can-am won't cover axles on the XMR because they are considered "wear items." Seriously? What's the point in buying an XMR if you aren't going to get warranty axles.

May as well buy a normal outlander and put Outlaws, snorkels, and a rad relocation...

In other news I want...actually need an Outlander 1000.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're right. You're better off to do the mods yourself. I bought my 800 xt and have the xmr rad relocate, custom snorkels, lift kit, 28" silverbacks. It most likely cost me a little more but I have the shorter frame(less chance of getting high centered), higher snorkels, no hassle with can am's stupid air ride system and the pleasure of customizing my bike the way I want it. Xmr's are cool but I think its kind of a gimmick.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the guys I work with has had an axle replaced on warranty on his XMR. He had no issues getting it done other than having to wait quite awhile to get the machine back.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the salesman is a liar?? Wouldnt be the first one
Yah, I'm not sure. Heard a few people say they are covered but I didn't believed it until he had his replaced. I would never trust what a salesman says anyways. I know of 2 people other than him that have supposedly had them replaced on warranty as well but who knows, they could be full of it as well.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, I'm not sure. Heard a few people say they are covered but I didn't believed it until he had his replaced. I would never trust what a salesman says anyways. I know of 2 people other than him that have supposedly had them replaced on warranty as well but who knows, they could be full of it as well.

Honestly if i was buying one today i'd tell the dealer that i want extended warranty and the axles will be covered by that warranty

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it depends on your dealer, how he puts it across to the warranty dept.. you will get some that will get lucky and get them warranted but its always, since i can remember been a wearing item.. its only in a rubber boot and not in a sealed case.. cause of that its never been warranty on a can-am since 07 that i know of...even my popo dealers that i bought from way back before 07, always told me the cv's are never covered unless there is a failure with out the boot torn and stock tires put on it...

since the XMR has big tires it is not covered, even thou you would think, cause if the factory puts them on then everything should be bullet proof right?..... Wrong!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly if i was buying one today i'd tell the dealer that i want extended warranty and the axles will be covered by that warranty
lol...good luck on that one! but i agree some sort of coverage should be there !.. but really is you check with brp them selfs, they will tell you the same story i told you..

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it depends on your dealer, how he puts it across to the warranty dept.. you will get some that will get lucky and get them warranted but its always, since i can remember been a wearing item.. its only in a rubber boot and not in a sealed case.. cause of that its never been warranty on a can-am since 07 that i know of...even my popo dealers that i bought from way back before 07, always told me the cv's are never covered unless there is a failure with out the boot torn and stock tires put on it...

since the XMR has big tires it is not covered, even thou you would think, cause if the factory puts them on then everything should be bullet proof right?..... Wrong!

It's always the dealer no matter what trucks, sleds, quads etc. Where you can find a dealer you can work with is where you should buy!

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol...good luck on that one! but i agree some sort of coverage should be there !.. but really is you check with brp them selfs, they will tell you the same story i told you..

Pretty simple for them. You can cover my axles or lose the one sale and all the modification money from me. Plus the 2 quads our business buys every year and the one UTV. We are buying every year starting next spring.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buy Polaris ,you and your service/warranty manager will soon be in seperable..............You will be able to fill in for him on the odd long weekend in no time.............

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buy Polaris ,you and your service/warranty manager will soon be in seperable..............You will be able to fill in for him on the odd long weekend in no time.............

The Polaris and can-am dealer in brooks is all in one building operated by the same people so if I buy another quad this spring I may as well go with can-am. And they are lighter than an 850:)

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That`s okay drink more beer and get fat...........there`s only 20 some odd pounds you gotta gain..........

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Grasshopper ,but that extra clearsmc comes at a heavy price.......................

Everything comes at a price these days. Hate to say it, but the way i ride i figure it's cheaper to buy a new can-am than keep the brute running for another 5 years

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty simple for them. You can cover my axles or lose the one sale and all the modification money from me. Plus the 2 quads our business buys every year and the one UTV. We are buying every year starting next spring.
It's not that easy Byron. You can make demands like that to the dealer and he can try his best with an inventive spiel to the warranty dept. but the bottom line is this..........the final decision is made by the warranty analyst and if you can't change his mind then there will be no warranty. To bag on the dealer is unfair because if he give's you what you want then the money will be coming out of his pocket and that is not fair either. Just sayin........

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not that easy Byron. You can make demands like that to the dealer and he can try his best with an inventive spiel to the warranty dept. but the bottom line is this..........the final decision is made by the warranty analyst and if you can't change his mind then there will be no warranty. To bag on the dealer is unfair because if he give's you what you want then the money will be coming out of his pocket and that is not fair either. Just sayin........

When it's on a factory made quad and something like axles is breaking, i don't care who'e pocket it comes from as long as it's not mine. But i wouldn't buy an XMR anyways so it doesn't matter. When i buy my 1000 I will put turners or gorilla on ASAP

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it's on a factory made quad and something like axles is breaking, i don't care who'e pocket it comes from as long as it's not mine. But i wouldn't buy an XMR anyways so it doesn't matter. When i buy my 1000 I will put turners or gorilla on ASAP

I agree axles seem warrantable to me but if they aren't then that needs to be explained to the customer when he makes the unit purchase so there are no hard feelings.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be silly. Tons of guys running 29.5 Laws to 32" tires with stock Can Am axles.
A)Can Am has some of the strongest stock axles out there.
B)A good dealer WILL warranty them (I've had one done)
C) IF you manage to break a couple, THEN maybe look at aftermarket ones. Why waste $$$ up front?

Top Bottom