Awesome ATV Instructor!

Powell11

Reaction score
Just had my crew of 9 certified this past weekend by Wholesome An awesome course put on my an awesome instructor who really knows his stuff! Send him an email to learn more! He is super flexible and eager to teach! My crew learned a tonne and came out of the course as definitively improved riders! Progress extremely evident! and He has the patience to work with anyone and everyone! Send him an email to try and set something up! He was awesome!

Athabasca Jr. Forest Rangers!

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had my crew of 9 certified this past weekend by Wholesome An awesome course put on my an awesome instructor who really knows his stuff! Send him an email to learn more! He is super flexible and eager to teach! My crew learned a tonne and came out of the course as definitively improved riders! Progress extremely evident! and He has the patience to work with anyone and everyone! Send him an email to try and set something up! He was awesome!

Athabasca Jr. Forest Rangers!

Thanks Adam, I was a little nerveous since that was the first course I have ever delivered, but you guys were an awsome group! It was really neat to see how much the JFR's improved by the end of the day.

I hope to see you, Jenny, and your crew again next year. Also, let David B know that I really appreciate his patientce since he was considerable more skilled than the rest of the class.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested. What is the contact info?

This is just the Canadian Safety Council ATV Rider course. It includes basic riding skillsand safety awareness. This isn't something I plan to do full time, but will definately take the time to train up a group as long as we have a minimum of 4 riders.

You can send me a PM if you're interested and we might be able to work something out.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not at all actually..... A LOT of companies here in Alberta where ATV's are used in their business require their employees to be certified in usage of them. So NO your posts don't make any sense.
besides, these sound like young fellas learning some stuff that is usually not told to them the first time they jumped on an ATV. I think it's a great idea to plant the seed early.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
besides, these sound like young fellas learning some stuff that is usually not told to them the first time they jumped on an ATV. I think it's a great idea to plant the seed early.

completely agree Troy..... more education wouldn't be bad for all operators of ATV's.......

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
I wish I could have booked this for my crew! A few novice riders varying in age, and myself with no real formal training with powerful machines. What are the costs?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dean, I feel there is more interest in this than you think. I think training to ride these machines is an excellent idea. Some people aren't pros right out of the womb, so for those of us that need some guidance to ride safely, good on ya!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the Canada Safety Council ATV course in around '90 or '91 (loooong time ago) and it was quite informative then. I went in as it was a requirement for running an ATV on any oil company jobs (seismic)....I also went in as an already experienced quad rider (we had Honda Fourtrax 300's since 88 surveying). I didn't expect to learn much, but it was really well put together and I improved a bunch. I imagine the new course is excellent.

(do they still teach the "K" turn for getting out of a failed hill-climb?)

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the Canada Safety Council ATV course in around '90 or '91 (loooong time ago) and it was quite informative then. I went in as it was a requirement for running an ATV on any oil company jobs (seismic)....I also went in as an already experienced quad rider (we had Honda Fourtrax 300's since 88 surveying). I didn't expect to learn much, but it was really well put together and I improved a bunch. I imagine the new course is excellent.

(do they still teach the "K" turn for getting out of a failed hill-climb?)

Yup, we still do the K-turns. I imagine it hasn't changed a heck of a lot, but I think winching and trailering are fairly new additions to the course content.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, we still do the K-turns. I imagine it hasn't changed a heck of a lot, but I think winching and trailering are fairly new additions to the course content.

winching and trailering were not part of the course when I took it in the fall of 2007

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'll tell ya, that K turn is the best invention ever if you've ever spun out going up a steep hill and wonder, "what now?"

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am trying to picture in my head how you make a turn out of a hill climb look like a "K", can someone clue me in?

thx

TB

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to picture in my head how you make a turn out of a hill climb look like a "K", can someone clue me in?

thx

TB

kturn.png

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks.

I have done that but I have never heard it called a "K" turn.

TB

Top Bottom