Avy Video - Revy/Boulder - December 21st 2014

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just figured that I would post a video up from the weekend out at Boulder. Things were just starting to clear up and thats when things got a tad scary. Went for a quick rip on my buddies new T3, and in the process he put mine into a small avy. Everyone was okay, no issues at all but still woke us up. Just after this one went we saw 2 others in the same area let go (all shaded areas). Only a few mins from the cabin.

Time to start looking at those slopes even a bit closer guys.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great video,however would of approached the situation differently. I know our first response is to get to buddy and help out. A second trigger could of been released from you're positon.

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah my buddy was saying he grabbed for it a few times before he got high enough up on his shoulder, but still pretty fast. Better safe then sorry for sure.

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you actually look in the video I wave my arms looking for trigger points above before flagging the other guy over. There was absolutely nothing else that was going to fall on us where we were. - Crank the volume I even talk it through haha.

raven-lunatic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most of that whole hillside is a north facing slope and I believe the avy reports have been telling us to try to be extra careful when riding that aspect for the last week or so. Glad it wasn't any more serious than it turned out to be and hope we all pay attention to the info thats available to us when we head out this holiday season.

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.... Glad everyone was ok!
Just figured that I would post a video up from the weekend out at Boulder. Things were just starting to clear up and thats when things got a tad scary. Went for a quick rip on my buddies new T3, and in the process he put mine into a small avy. Everyone was okay, no issues at all but still woke us up. Just after this one went we saw 2 others in the same area let go (all shaded areas). Only a few mins from the cabin.

Time to start looking at those slopes even a bit closer guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EybqMnQw1Q

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been time to watch the slopes closer for 3 weeks now. Never take that **** for granted or the outcome could be Terrible

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah my buddy was saying he grabbed for it a few times before he got high enough up on his shoulder, but still pretty fast. Better safe then sorry for sure.

That ws really fast for not getting t te fist tme.

O FOR FAWK SAKE! How slow do I have to type this? Wish I could get google chrome on this cmpter...COMPTR...COMPUTER!

Wat Im trying say is....I pcticell he tie whileriding s I kno wer tha hande s.......Ahhhhhhh forget it! Site is broken. :smash:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you hit the A/A button in the top left corner of the reply box, it works perfect. Just gotta remember to do it every time.

Just gotta get back to my other computer with google chrome. Never have an issue with it. But thanks....that worked.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That ws really fast for not getting t te fist tme.

O FOR FAWK SAKE! How slow do I have to type this? Wish I could get google chrome on this cmpter...COMPTR...COMPUTER!

Wat Im trying say is....I pcticell he tie whileriding s I kno wer tha hande s.......Ahhhhhhh forget it! Site is broken. :smash:

Yes, it is absolutely ridiculous. There is no way in hell we should have to do a special key stroke to get the basic typing strokes to work!

Where is Dale??????????

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, it is absolutely ridiculous. There is no way in hell we should have to do a special key stroke to get the basic typing strokes to work!

Where is Dale??????????

We've showed you all the work around, use it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where is Dale??????????

And it's not like my old brain will ever remember to click that little friggin button!

WHO is Dale? :confused:

Top Bottom