Avy shovels

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looked at the Costco at Iron Mills. Still about 30 boxes of shovels there.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to see these shovels tested against "brand name" shovels to see if they are
of less quality.I doubt if they are,but maybe.Like others have said they are prob. made in
the same factory as all of the other brand names.Sometimes,you get what you pay for,sometimes
you get the exact same product without the Brand "X" logo.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please do not buy these for your avy shovel.

Is your buddy/family members life not at least worth the price of a decent shovel.

I picked one up to put on the sled as a stuck shovel but will keep my steel one in my pack. How many guys carry aluminum Avy shovels because it was better quality than I expected for $20a piece. As good as any aluminum I have seen.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please do not buy these for your avy shovel.

Is your buddy/family members life not at least worth the price of a decent shovel.

I think having this for a shovel is better than having no shovel....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought a couple last year, bend fairly easily, use them for stucks, carry on tunnel. your buddy will die if this is your main avalanche shovel, but i guess they are better than nothing.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I think having this for a shovel is better than having no shovel....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's questionable...I hope to never dig out a person in an avy or be that person under the avy, but if I were and the shovel failed and the person didn't make it for the cost difference....well I wouldn't be able to live with that....either way!
Just my 2 cents worth....

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The worst part of these is you'd have to go to Costco...

(anyone that has to go to the Saskatoon or Regina ones will know what I'm talking about. What a gongshow)

rgashkei

Reaction score
I ordered one of these and it came in yesterday. Bought it mainly for camping but it is reasonably light, very small and very strong. May put it on my sled a stronger shovel for hard snow.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered one of these and it came in yesterday. Bought it mainly for camping but it is reasonably light, very small and very strong. May put it on my sled a stronger shovel for hard snow.

if your going to the mtns, may as well leave this home. it would be better to use a garbage can lid.

rgashkei

Reaction score
Too small of a blade? Will be good in the truck. Got a little stuck last year at staging and could have used a stronger shovel to chip the ice.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I carry one of those under the seat of each quad. Canadia tire sells them for $17.99. Works great in the skeg but maybe a bit small for deep snow?

Top Bottom