Avy Course

Sumitdude

Reaction score
Just heard a rumour that starting this year everyone who wants to ride in the Mountains needs to have the avalanch course. Can anyone tell me if this is True?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is the rumours source? Not that I couldn't imagine someone trying to put such a thing in place, but highly unlikely for awhile yet.

Sumitdude

Reaction score
Whew Good News I was Just about Ready to head out and get the course done. I enjoy the mountains to much to let a course stand in my way.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whew Good News I was Just about Ready to head out and get the course done. I enjoy the mountains to much to let a course stand in my way.

if you enjoy the mountains as much as you say, maybe an Avy course would be a good Idea.

Sumitdude

Reaction score
You are Right an Avy course would be good. But I just did not want to get caught with my P. P hangin out. Thanks for the info anyway.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and you should have an avy course anyway, book it and enjoy the course, might help save a live, maybe yours summit.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I find it hard to believe this statement is meant to be serious.

But as mentioned, if you love the mountains so much, why wouldn't you already have it?

As I said, highly unlikely until they can figure out a way to enforce it. Its not a bad thing, everyone should have at a minimum AST1 if you ride in the backcountry.

Its been beat to death before, there are way too many variables to enforce it properly.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Your right. Where in Northern Alberta can you get the course.

Check with Zac's Tracs. They are a supporting vendor here on Snow and Mud. They will be able to give you a schedule and locations to suit most people. Go to ZacsTracs

You can also look at the section located here under "Avalanche Awareness" for more info. Everyone riding the back country should have at least their AST1 training.

Last edited:
Top Bottom